Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this over in the SVT/DOHC section, but thought I'd post here because its road race related.

I have a 98 Cobra and I'm getting a code that the LF sensor is bad. I had a shop diagnose it and they say that the sensor is good and the ABS ECU is really bad. This makes sense because I replaced the sensor myself and the codes didnt clear.

So I understand there was a change from 3 channel to 4 channel during the middle of 98. When I pick up the car from the shop I'll check, but I think I have the 4 channel version.

Here's the question. If I want to find a replacement, will one from a 99 Cobra work? I believe they had traction control and my 98 Cobra doesnt. Or should I get one from a 99 GT, assuming it doesnt have traction control? Does the ABS ECU talk to the EEC and will that cause issues? I would think the 4 channel unit would have to be from a 99 car, but which one. Anyone have any thoughts?

Another "out there" idea...the car is for Road Racing almost exclusively. The FR500 uses a recalibrated ABS ECU for use with race tires. How easy/difficult would it be to retrofit an 05-07 unit with the recalibrated FRPP ECU?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi BtwoG,
I speculate that if yours does not have T/C then it is likely the 3 channel....
Have you been able to check this yet?

I think you will need to find another non T/C system to replace yours. Should be an easy find on Ebay.

The later system along with being set up for 4 tubes on the hydraulic block of the ABS, it also has an engine ECU interface for the T/C, so it would be a large task to upgrade to it.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts