Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decided to swap the engines due to a thrown rod.

I am swapping with the 2011 crown vic PI but ran into an issue... The fuel rail on the crown vic has 1 connector and the mustang has 2.. is there any way around this so I could use the flex fuel from the crown vic?

The injectors are not so good on the mustang which is why I wanted to use the new ones from the crown vic.

Thank you!

·
Registered
711 Posts
You can keep the crown Vic injectors as long as they are the same lb/hr as the stock injectors. And to get around the fuel rail issue, you have to swap your old rail on to the new motor.

Your car is return style (two flex lines), and the new engine is returnless (one flex line). You can’t mix them together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can keep the crown Vic injectors as long as they are the same lb/hr as the stock injectors. And to get around the fuel rail issue, you have to swap your old rail on to the new motor.

Your car is return style (two flex lines), and the new engine is returnless (one flex line). You can’t mix them together.
Oh ok thank you! Would there be any way to use the crown vics injectors if they're not the same as the stock on the mustang? I really wanted the flex fuel option..

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Use the crown vic injectors .
Change the fuel rail .
You will need to do other modifications to the car , i dont think it has ircc either ....

·
Registered
447 Posts
2011 crown vic uses 24 lbs injector. pretty sure you have 19lbs on your 97

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yes you can use the Vic injectors, that will be fine, but you will have to get the car tuned as it will run rich until you do so.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The fuel rail on the crown vic has 1 connector and the mustang has 2
The 1996-1998 Mustang uses a return style fuel system. Hence two connections.

Where as any fuel rail with a single connection is a return-less fuel system. It seems to me that the only real choice is to retain the car's original fuel system.

It also seems to me that the safest option is to re-use the Mustang original fuel injectors. Why am I concerned? Because late model cars are often capable of using E85,

·
Registered
289 Posts
The injectors are not so good on the mustang which is why I wanted to use the new ones from the crown vic.
consider using an injector cleaning and flow test service such as InjectorRX.com. I have used their service several times and have been very happy with the results. I always do this when doing a major motor project.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Flex fuel? What are you talking about? E85? You'd need an E85 tune for that anyway.

Swap your rail and injectors and run it on 87 until you get it tuned to do otherwise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts