Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals maybe some one can help me i am interrested in maybe doing a head change on my car 1st things first is it really worth it and do you need to change the intake as well i am trying to get the car in the mid to low 13,s already have a off road x pipe flowmaster exaughts and a 70mm throttle body with k&n filter and ford motor sport pulleys would love to super charge but cant afford to right now on a bugget all help would be appriciated any suggestions would do as well
Thanks Dvs67stng:confused:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
As a 96 GT auto owner myself, I would say that going with Ford Racing heads and a high flow intake will make a world of difference in your car. OK, it will cost a bundle, but you get what you pay for. The FRPP stuff is very high quality and when they say you can get about a 70 HP increase with that combo, they are right on or even a little conservative. A nearly equivalent way to go is the FRPP blower that is a also a direct bolt on. They claim 55 HP, but I think most folks have found that to be a conservative estimate as well.

I've been extremely happy with the high flow intake. Maybe I should have done the heads first, but that was the only way I could swing it. I intend to do the FRPP heads this summer.

I'm sure you can go cheaper, but you may also have to endure a lot of hassle. Just check some of the posts on headswaps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts