Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... i have a few questions. I have a stock cobra, except for tri-ax, cobra r rims, and a K&N, there's pretty much nothing on it. I want to upgrade to make it faster (who doesn't) for around a thousand bucks. What should i look at. And 2) for this setup is a bigger t/b, bigger MAF, new chip, and 3.73, a good idea, too much (ha ha) too little. PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
4.30's and either an x pipe or an h pipe (with or without cats, which ever you prefer). if you got 'em with cats, tha'd prolly add up to about a grand there. thats prolly what i'd do. maybe buy some cheap dynomax mufflers and weld them on the stock tailpipes.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ok, i also have a 96 Cobra, and for a good day or two, I researched the best CAI, MAF, and the best chip for our cars. I came to the conclusion that the Densecharger CAI (www.densecharger.com) is the best CAI kit, hands down. As for the MAF meter, definitely get the Pro-m 87mm, especially if you're getting a densecharger. Also get a WMS(Western Motorsports) powertube to fit into the densecharger, and top all of this off w/ an Autologic chip. I know this works, and is a complicated setup, but just email John DeMolet at densecharger about it and he'll fill you in on everything.
Price: definitely under 1000

But if you currently have no other mods, go w/ an exhaust system. Get Bassani x-pipe, and a catback, I have the x and a Borla catback, and it sounds sweet as hell and gives me a significant horsepower increase. Exhaust setups usually give you more hp for youre money, but every mod counts so you pick.

·
Registered
158 Posts
GEARS.......GEARS.......GEARS.......GEARS.......GEARS.......GEARS.......GEARS.......GEARS.......GEARS.......GEARS.......GEARS.......GEARS.......GEARS.......GEARS....... 4.30 or 3.56 DO NOT FEAR THE GEAR trust me the best gain for the price will come from the gears!!!! or the nitrous:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
why can't I edit that it was meant to be 4.56

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'd say gears too, but 4.10's if you ever go on the highway. An off-road X is good. I'd recommend by Bassani -- high quality and all stainless steel. I've heard densecharger makes a good product, but I don't know if it will clear the strut tower brace.

·
Registered
32 Posts
4.10s, a DrGas X pipe and a densecharger should come in at about $1000 if you shop smart. You don't really want to do the chip until you've got most of your mods done.

·
Registered
44 Posts
First - Change the exhaust, the sound of a mustang is the most important thing. Go with some cat-back and an o/r h-pipe. The shifter is a good mod, as well as the K&N, but are really just child's play. Gears are important but be careful not to go too big, so that you can still drive the car. But first and foremost, start with the exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts