Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, Corral

I'm in the final stages of buying and building turbo parts for my 96 gt street car. I currently have a mark 8 with a cobra manifold in it.
I built a 4v forged long block and it is ready to drop in, It has stock 98 cobra cams. So I now need to Finnish acquiring all the turbo parts And make the plans to dyno tune it.

My original build thread on the car. http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/96-98/197318-me-my-96-gt.html

I'm in Texas working for 6 weeks and once I get home I'm going to drop the new motor to brake it in. So hopefully I can get the turbo bolted in and finnish up the fabracation of the downpipe and exhust and get into a shop at the end of August for some tuning

So the questions I have now are,

1) the best/most affordable way to safely get plenty of fuel to reach my target of 650 rwhp? I.e. Are 60lb injectors what I should use or 42's ok and what pump combo to run, stock lines work? Can you describe a complet return style fuel system that will work for me.

2) what style of mass air meter should I run? Blow through? Link to info? "one of the areas of the build that I keep overlooking."

3) stock ecu , tuned for my application. This is what I'm looking to do correct

4) what is the best way to finish the tuning planning towards the end of a build? I.e. Find a tuner/ shop and see what they have to say about my parts selection and schuduale dyno tuning session.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A fue pics mocking up things before I sent it to the builder,

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anyone recommend a good shop to do my tuning from Sac. to the bay and down to Fresno?

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also how's a single 3 inch exhaust going to work/sound?

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No one? I'll keep searching the forums......

Robert

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sent a PM hit me up. I am in Fresno and I can answer all your questions and direct you to a couple of local shops for tuning.
Joe
559-772-5617

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sent a PM hit me up. I am in Fresno and I can answer all your questions and direct you to a couple of local shops for tuning.
Joe
559-772-5617
Will do! I'll pm you to see when is a good time to chat.

Robert

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Joe for pointing me in the right direction with the Sct BA 5000, and suggesting me to run it after the blowoff valve in the pm. I am doing as much reading as I have time for at night before I call you. I want to have an idea what you are telling me, I don't want to not understand the advice you give.

So is draw through out completely because of the blowoff valve? And I read that the sct BA meaters work best in-between a long straight run when running them blow through, is this true? and if so, how would I incorporate it into my intake side after the bov?

Robert

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Anyone got a link to something just like this just by SCT in a slot style? Or any input on using this on my setup?

PMAS Mass Air Meters, Quailty at it's best...Let us know your needs and injector size for calibration. Please PM or Call for price.

Thanks, Chris.

Pro Tubes are avaliable in 3' & 3.5' for piping combination. Great for Blow Through Procharger Kits and Turbo Systems.

Thank You. PAS Inc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts