Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a delimna. I am ready to start on my engine and I have decided on a NA 342 with 10:1 compression, but I have this YSi-Trim Vortech sitting in my garage and I am wondering if I should go ahead and do a 9:1 compression and run with it. If so, I will only run up to 10 lbs of boost, no more.

The car will be 70% street, 20% AX, and 10% open track events. The reason I had originally decided to go NA was that I thought running the supercharger on the track would be too much in the way of heatsoak.

What are your opinions? Has anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I know there are plenty of supercharged mustangs running at Auto X and open track events...like 03-04 Cobras...

At 10psi, that YSi will barely be breaking a sweat...

·
Registered
17,035 Posts
AX that supercharger never going to come into play. If you had a kennebell yes, but centrifical no.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah to both. Mostly autocrossed in Houston, and open-tracked at Hallet at the Mid-America Shelby Show & Meet. Why?
I'm sure he was checking your experience before he gives the old "learn to drive before you worry about more power"

Which, is excellent advice. :joy:

I'd say make sure your running a good tune, keep that air cool, and make sure your gauges are accurate!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts