Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
If your on a budget..dont do it.

Stay with the mustang and put the turbo in where you can close the hood.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wont take much at all to put a 5.0 in the z3. I have all the parts on my mustang. I never have a budget i have 3 kids. My stang needs a better trans and i figure a lighter car and a 400hp 302 should be easier on trannies.

And u put ur turbo where u like it and i will do the same.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
sell the 5.0 stuff, and put an LS motor in the Bimmer. Lighter (If using an aluminum LS1) and more compact. Saw a guy on youtube do up a black z3 with an LS1 and it looked pretty mean. Heck, you can do an LS2 or slightly built LQ9 and have 400 hp on the motor. put the turbo on that combo and it could potentially outperform any of the cars you listed. I plan on doing the same to my '03 BMW Z4 here in the future. probably a stroked 400-plus inch LSX.

·
Registered
520 Posts
LS or a 331/347 would be SICK in that Bimmer. Make it sorta quiet too and surprise the ##### outa people. Ive always wants to do a Miata, just dont tell my friends...

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I have read the lsx and 351w are the same size in general. Im gonna try and fit the 351 and gt45 under the hood.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I love the idea of either the LS or 351 in a Z3. Assuming that Z3 is in decent shape aside from the engine, $600 sounds like a hell of a deal! Lets see some pics!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I just saw my first LS engine out of a car and on a crate and I honestly think theyre a smaller package than an 8.2 deck motor, nevermind a 9.5 deck 351W. I'll measure it soon. Even if theyre not much narrower, theyre definitely shorter with a car intake on them and that is what is key about the packaging..

·
Registered
994 Posts
I just saw my first LS engine out of a car and on a crate and I honestly think theyre a smaller package than an 8.2 deck motor, nevermind a 9.5 deck 351W. I'll measure it soon. Even if theyre not much narrower, theyre definitely shorter with a car intake on them and that is what is key about the packaging..
The measurements that I have seen show the LS is right in between a 302 and 351W in physical dimensions.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Scratch this idea. Keeping the 94gt and selling the Z3 so I can get a better trans.
good choice. I mainly suggested the LS motor because you can get 'em so cheap, lots 'o power, compact, OBD compliant, etc... etc... you would have had very little invested in a fun little ride, but you would have regretted getting rid of the Stang (we always do) and woulda sold the Bimmer anyway. I didn't see any pics, but you'll be able to flip that Bimmer easily and make some coin in the process. Good luck with your sale, and get that tranny in the stang! BTW, how practical is a turbocharged 351W powered Z3 anyway?? LOL... and the pavement woulda looked like a murder-scene when you sent all that boosted torque through the Z3's rear end:rofl:

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought it for 600 and it needed a new motor. Sold it for 1400. The main reason I sold it cause the rear diff is junk. LS is the same size as a 351w. I don't understand why ppl think they are smaller. I dont gain anything by going to a LS. IF I didn't have the parts I do then MAYBE, but I'm locked into my 351w.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
put a stock z3 engine back in it and sell it. take the money and do a REAL turbo kit on that mustang. Get rid of the ricer crap and make some power
And by "real" turbo kit do u mean something that I can make myself and go 10s or spend thousands on and go 10s?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts