Ford Mustang Forums banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
What lines is everyone talking about here? The reason I'm asking is I am useing a 94-95 fuel rail on my 351W into a 1989 GT. I also picked up the stainless fuel lines that plug into the fuel rail and go down along side the motor, so I didn't have to bend the 89 lines to fit the 94 rails. I assume everyone is talking about from the end of the second line along side of motor to the frame rail, correct? The pics I saw in the post show rubber lines from the chassie up to the fuel rail and that is what has me confussed.
The ones that go into the fuel rails from the chassis hard lines, but since you're using pre 94 ones, you won't have any issues finding replacements.

·
SVTOA Chapter Director
429 Posts
I am deployed right now but really want to see where you guys are talking about. Could some one post some pics so I can get a better idea, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I followed Supernatural's write up to the letter - its post number 75, and everything worked out perfectly.

a few things I would like to add to that write up:

on the length of the nylon lines:
When I measured, I came up with 1 inch more on the length of the feed and return although I don't think it will make much of a difference at all.

on the bends:
I filled my sink with COLD water. After the lines spent some time in the boiling water, I held the bend in place while quenching in the cold water. this was much quicker than waiting for it to cool / blowing on it.

on installing the ends:
I would place one on end on a sturdy table, barb side up. nylon end in the boiling water for 1 minute. then holding the line in my fist, mash it onto the barb end - worked perfectly and less chance of kinking (which i did before this method).

on re-installation:
I added a touch of motor oil to the O rings prior to installing them.

I also saved Supernatural's post with pictures to a word doc, which i will gladly email to anyone upon request. just PM me your email address.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
or KY :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dumb question but I didnt see it answered yet. How do you get the rubber line off the steel line. I got the one that you just pull the clip on, but cant get the other and I dont want to break it. Figured you guys had an easy way. Thanks.

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
There is a TON of info here in this thread, so can we get a summary of what part numbers we'll need to replace out under hood lines?

Please list the part numbers for EVERYTHING we'll need to connect the passenger side fender hard lines to the factory fuel rail... (minus the fuel line itself)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Ford Return Side EFI x 6 AN 640870 640873
Ford Pressure Side EFI x 8 AN 640880 640883
Ford Pressure Side EFI x 6 AN 640900 640903
(red/blue) (black)

So we'll need two return and two pressure right? Plus the adapter fittings to attach the hose?

With the factory hard lines, is 8 AN necessary for the pressure side?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Smelled fuel and found seepage at FPR. Where it mounts to fuel rail gasket let just enough buy to be strong. Engine just warm enough to boil it away real quick..

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have a bone stock 95 gt with 260,000 miles and never had this problem, could it only be the modded ones where they get bumped and moved?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I have a bone stock 95 gt with 260,000 miles and never had this problem, could it only be the modded ones where they get bumped and moved?
Not really.... they just get brittle over time and eventually they break. You may not notice it until you start moving stuff around but they will break at some point.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
^this.

I bet yours might still be brittle but if you don't move em too much, you might be ok. Just keep an eye on things IMO

·
Registered
68 Posts
Will v6 fuel line set up work on a 94 cobra. I had removed the lines on mines and got 1 kinked pretty bad, it may have cracked the nylon hose underneath the rubber outer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just had this issue been parked for 6 mnths when started could smell fuel and didn't pay it any mind and drove the car about a day or two later checking the car getting ready to go cruze with the guys. Low and behold a fuel leak on the passenger side rale at the injectors. Replaced the o-rings and all was well. O-rings still seemed good but replaced it anyway.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts