Ford Mustang Forums banner

141 - 160 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hello,
My name is Dennis and I am a project engineer for Russell. I was forwarded this link in regards to the 1/4" EFI fitting. This part has come up for discussion numerous times. I am sorry that you have not gotten a response from us.

I will bring this matter up for discussion once more, and will see what we can do about it.

Dennis
Thank you.:)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Hello,
My name is Dennis and I am a project engineer for Russell. I was forwarded this link in regards to the 1/4" EFI fitting. This part has come up for discussion numerous times. I am sorry that you have not gotten a response from us.

I will bring this matter up for discussion once more, and will see what we can do about it.

Dennis
Thanks Dennis, I was likely the one who forwarded the link to you. As you can see this is a concern for us Mustang owners and anything you can do to help is appreciated. Most of us want to replace our dangerous stock lines with braided and this last EFI fitting is all we need to do so. We will help to spread the word if this part becomes available and I believe you will certainly see a return on the R&D required on such a part.

Thank you for your consideration.

·
Registered
144 Posts
FastGT94 said:
Thanks Dennis, I was likely the one who forwarded the link to you. As you can see this is a concern for us Mustang owners and anything you can do to help is appreciated. Most of us want to replace our dangerous stock lines with braided and this last EFI fitting is all we need to do so. We will help to spread the word if this part becomes available and I believe you will certainly see a return on the R&D required on such a part.

Thank you for your consideration.
Yes, I believe it was your email that was sent to me last week. That is what got this thing going again. I can't make any promises in regards to going to production with this, but I will try my best to push it through. I will keep you guys posted.
Regards,
Dennis

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Yes, I believe it was your email that was sent to me last week. That is what got this thing going again. I can't make any promises in regards to going to production with this, but I will try my best to push it through. I will keep you guys posted.
Regards,
Dennis
that would be a very beneficial part to the mustang community.

if you do try to get it developed.. make sure you go with -6AN on the other side.

i know going from 1/4" pushlock fitting to -6 is a good size diff, but its silly to go any smaller. Not to mention the smallest fitting for the fuel rail adapter side is -6AN as well

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Regards,
Dennis
Sounds good Dennis we'll wait patiently :) Thanks again!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I haven't read this whole thread yet but I wanted to mention that the F-series trucks use stainless braided lines at the fuel rail and connect to a metal hard-line on the frame rail. Maybe that would be a possible solution? I'm still new to my mustang and will have to look into this fuel situation, but the truck I'm very familiar with and see that they did a nice job with them on it. It's a braided line with a rubber coating over it for abrasion resistance.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You can buy the same nylon fuel line that the factory uses in bulk at Advance Auto and probably other parts houses. Dorman makes it others probably do as well. You can also buy ends seperately or already on a section of hose then just use a junction fitting, which they also sell, to piece it together. Boil a little water on a hot plate and bend it like you want to. You can even reuse the protective outer layer from your old lines or you can buy new. It's called Hypalon hose. This is how Ford says to repair it anyway. Copy/paste this to address bar.

http://www.alldatapro.com/alldata/PRO~V118860445~C20994~R0~OD~N/0/41746505/56351205/56351221/56351223/34853741/34857029/34858641/56209080/14471155/121247970

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
for those of you who want the braided fuel lines with the push connectors you should check out earls performance fittings. they have the push connectors for the hard line mating and Russel has the ones to mate to the fuel rail. check these out. based off jegs. im doing this setup on my 351 when it goes in the car. i hope i helped.

this is the push connector to hard line.
i havent been here long enough to post url's

so, go to jegs and type in this number in the search bar. 361-360165

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
for those of you who want the braided fuel lines with the push connectors you should check out earls performance fittings. they have the push connectors for the hard line mating and Russel has the ones to mate to the fuel rail. check these out. based off jegs. im doing this setup on my 351 when it goes in the car. i hope i helped.

this is the push connector to hard line.
i havent been here long enough to post url's

so, go to jegs and type in this number in the search bar. 361-360165
its the 1/4" hard line connector that we need, that one is 5/16"

Although, would this one work? 361-360104

I heard back from Russell, they have a prototype designed and is up for management review / approval.

·
Corral Charter Member
11,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
its the 1/4" hard line connector that we need, that one is 5/16"

Although, would this one work? 361-360104

I heard back from Russell, they have a prototype designed and is up for management review / approval.
Dale,

At least you are getting responses from Russel - when I had emailed (when this thread was originally started by myself), I had absolutely NO replies at all, not even a blip of an email. Looks like they are making progress w/ a permanent aftermarket fix for these lines. I'm just hoping when the final product is available, the price is reasonable and we are not gouged since there's only a small market for 94/95 5.0 owners...

~~~

FYI -

For others who have never seen this other fuel hazard fix - this is the fix for replacing the gas tank grommet on the passenger side of the tank where the filler neck is inserted. This grommet is known for deteriorating and leaking fuel. You can still get the grommet from Ford, however, costs are up around $40-$50 for this grommet to buy direct from the Dealer. Some of the 5.0 vendors do sell the grommet, however, they are imitations and not manufactured by the Ford supplier. I've heard that the aftermarket grommets are not as good as far as quality & longevity. I had purchased the grommet from Ford, just because I don't like doing things twice. By using the below thread, I was able to replace this part exactly as shown and stated in the thread WITHOUT having to remove the fuel tank.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/748604-how-replace-fuel-filler-tube-gasket-pics.html

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Dale,

At least you are getting responses from Russel - when I had emailed (when this thread was originally started by myself), I had absolutely NO replies at all, not even a blip of an email. Looks like they are making progress w/ a permanent aftermarket fix for these lines. I'm just hoping when the final product is available, the price is reasonable and we are not gouged since there's only a small market for 94/95 5.0 owners...
True. He's been posting in this thread so I'm hoping he'll update us once a decision is made.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I heard back from Russell!!!

Dale,
Russell is going forward with this fitting.
The Russell part number is 641300 (blue finish) and 641303 (black finish). Part number has just been issued, so it will take approximately a week to order it through an authorized Russell vendor. It will go into production in 6-8 weeks.

Note: This 1/4" fitting design is different than our existing line of "push on" EFI fittings. It is a two piece, screw-on type of fitting. There are no plastic clips for this design (the main reason why it was given the green light).

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Dennis
Dennis goes on to explain how it works:
It is a little difficult to explain, but I'll try.
A tube nut (1 of the 2-piece assy) has been slotted to hug the 1/4" tube in between the ridges of the 1/4" EFI tubing. The 1/4" EFI fitting body (the other piece of the 2-piece assy) slides over the end of th 1/4 EFI tube and seals on the tube. then the tube nut is screwed into the fitting body, thus making a locked fitting. It has been tested on a Mustang fuel hose assembly and has proven to work.
So, while its not an exact copy of the existing fitting but in a AN fitting, it still works and allows use of the full AN fittings and fuel lines now.

I smell a winter project so I can get rid of these ugly factory lines that have been hacked up and taped up with electrical tape because I couldn't get the rubber outer layer all the way off neatly!!!

BIG thanks to Dennis and Russel for listening to the needs of the community!!! :salute:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Now that's what's causing the heavy gas smell on my 94. I joined this site just after seeing this thread. The Mustang is off duty until I fix this first. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
What lines is everyone talking about here? The reason I'm asking is I am useing a 94-95 fuel rail on my 351W into a 1989 GT. I also picked up the stainless fuel lines that plug into the fuel rail and go down along side the motor, so I didn't have to bend the 89 lines to fit the 94 rails. I assume everyone is talking about from the end of the second line along side of motor to the frame rail, correct? The pics I saw in the post show rubber lines from the chassie up to the fuel rail and that is what has me confussed.

141 - 160 of 206 Posts