Ford Mustang Forums banner

101 - 120 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Right now yes, that is the only place I know of that sells the factory connectors. I'm writing russell performance about getting them to make a factory duckbill connector for the hard line about once every 2 weeks. Last reply I got was that the guy would bring up the idea at the next planning meeting.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Right now yes, that is the only place I know of that sells the factory connectors. I'm writing russell performance about getting them to make a factory duckbill connector for the hard line about once every 2 weeks. Last reply I got was that the guy would bring up the idea at the next planning meeting.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Could you use something like this with some custom fuel lines?

http://www.wazeepulleys.com/9495parts/9495parts.htm

·
Registered
1,719 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Darrell,

So, you have EFI fuel line clamps at both ends of the new GY fuel hoses you had installed? No fittings? Can you explain your setup a little better? How did you connect to the fuel rail? Any pics? I thought that those (2) fuel lines coming off the hard chassis lines to the fuel rail had to have the appropriate connectors on them due to the pressure coming from the pump?

I have seen (and used) the GY fuel hose w/ the blue inner liner - nice hose for the $$ and far superior to the standard fuel hose at other parts stores.
If you take the factory feed lines loose at the rear of the pass-side strut tower and also at the fuel rails, you have a total of 4 fittings attached to those lines. You'll have to cut them free, but all 4 are barb fittings where the OEM plastic hose pushes on. I simply used those 4 fittings to attach to the hard lines and the rails and "connected the dots" with the Goodyear EFI hose.

As an update, I parted out the 95 and am nearly complete with a 91 LX Coupe Single Turbo car. I decided to re-use these feed lines, but I needed them to be shorter. I removed the EFI hose clamp, expecting that I would be able to pull the GY EFI hose off the barb fitting. No way. I ended up having to slit the hose lengthwise with a razor blade to free it up. I was very impressed with how well the blue liner in the hose held onto the barbs on the OEM fittings. I've also wrapped the entire feed line assembly in heat-protective sleeving for additional piece of mine.

Best of Luck!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Could you use something like this with some custom fuel lines?

http://www.wazeepulleys.com/9495parts/9495parts.htm
Those are fine for connecting to the rails, but we need a 1/4" hardline duckbill connector to connect to the factory hard lines. That's the only missing part of the equation.

Edelbrock (Russell) was going to have a meeting in February to discuss possibly producing this part, I'll send another email to see if they reached a decision or not.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have read through this a few times and I need to ask a quick clarification question.

So it is the SUPPLY SIDE FIREWALL DUCKBILL (1/4" to -8) the one we CAN'T get?

I know we can get the fuel rail connectors for both sides. And it looks like we can also get the -6 AN to 5/16" hard tube adapter so we can make a return side right?

Thanks!
Jake :D

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I have read through this a few times and I need to ask a quick clarification question.

So it is the SUPPLY SIDE FIREWALL DUCKBILL (1/4" to -8) the one we CAN'T get?

I know we can get the fuel rail connectors for both sides. And it looks like we can also get the -6 AN to 5/16" hard tube adapter so we can make a return side right?

Thanks!
Jake :D
Correct, and still no word from Russell Performance (Edelbrock)

·
Registered
338 Posts
the advance store here in ohio has a kit that they can make the lines up i had my return made short for the fmu. there set up works great

101 - 120 of 198 Posts