Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'll say it....

Boy that motor fits in there a lot better than a 351W!!

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Looks good

I just missed out on a 6.0 with a broken rocker at the dealer for $200 a month ago.

I would have had one in my car soon. L92 injected with AEM and a c4 behind it.

it would have been cool

Tim

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would have had one in my car soon. L92 injected with AEM and a c4 behind it.

it would have been cool

Tim
Just curious how do you fit the C4 behind an LSX?

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
You guys are so closed minded. You realize that the LSx motor will, in stock form, run deep into the 12s and knock down 26 MPG on the highway with the A/C on? If I had the money I would build a turbo LS6 and back it with a 700R4 or Turbo 400.

That is one badass project you have going, keep us updated on how it all turns out.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You guys are so closed minded. You realize that the LSx motor will, in stock form, run deep into the 12s and knock down 26 MPG on the highway with the A/C on? If I had the money I would build a turbo LS6 and back it with a 700R4 or Turbo 400.

That is one badass project you have going, keep us updated on how it all turns out.
they don't turn 12s stock, but they do get great mpg my buddies 2k auto firebird forumla runs 13flat, and get 25mpg all it has is headers.
there great motors.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
they don't turn 12s stock, but they do get great mpg my buddies 2k auto firebird forumla runs 13flat, and get 25mpg all it has is headers.
there great motors.
In a mustang they will. I have had stock ls1 ss make 310 at the tire many times on the dyno.

Tim

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
there great motors.
maybe your buddies 2000 firebird is a turd!

theres a guy around here that has a 6sp car, with a under drive pulley, headers, stock ported tb, tune, 4.10, drag radials runs 12.00-12.10s

not imagine what that would do in a 2900lb notch :leghump:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
What's interesting about this project is the guy spent way more money on the mustang than if he had just used an f-body camaro or firebird. The camaro and firebirds already have 4 wheel disc brakes and he had to buy the rear discs for the fox, plus change the spindles on the front. :rolleyes: All the suspension upgrades are the same for the f-body as they are for a mustang.

In short, he spent more money and has a car that doesn't handle near as good, has much worse aerodynamics, and had to fabricate motor and transmission mounts.

Can someone help me understand the advantage to all that?

·
Formerly LSNotch
840 Posts
Some people just want to be different. Another point is the potential of those LSX's combos sometimes are hard to beat. I don't think that I would ever do something like that but I respect it and think that is cool.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'll say it....

Boy that motor fits in there a lot better than a 351W!!

I don't think it fits in there any better than my 408? Does look nice though, LS motors are strong and very efficient.

1 - 20 of 383 Posts