Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a ton of research on this placed the orders now just waiting.

Ordered 315/35/R17s Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S
Ordered 93 Cobra replica 17x8.5s
Ordered weldcraft wheels widen 1.75in

End result
93 cobra replica wheel
Offset = 48
Backspace = 7.01"

I looked at this from a few angles I really wanted a 10.5in wheel but I think I would have needed a 1/4in spacer and didn't want that I know for sure the 10in wheel would work but I wanted the tire as far back as possible so I added the 1/4in may end up wishing I would have added the other 1/4in but want know till I put them on. Regardless couldn't find a solid answer online so I'm going to make this thread for the next guy.

Page 3 post 51 is the best info I could find.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/replica-wheels-test-fit-93-cobra.174839/page-3

This was very helpful and should help anyone who doesn't get how it will fit with the replica offset

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=255&aspect=55&diameter=15&wheelwidth=10&offset=25&width2=325&aspect2=50&diameter2=15&wheelwidth2=10&offset2=25#content

1993 Cobra OEM Wheel Specs:
RH: F3ZZ-1007-A
LH: F3ZZ-1007-B
Offset = 1.61" or 40.9mm
Backspace = 5.36"
Bolt Pattern = 4 X 4.25"

1993 Cobra Replica wheels
Offset = 26mm
Backspace = 5.72"

Little more info

Offset to backspacing conversion

Will post pics and what else it took to make them fit in a few weeks when I get the wheels from weldcraft

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wheel arrived at Weldcraft yesterday, Called them today they said 3 to 4 weeks out. Tire are in so will put them on my stock wheels just to start working on placement.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Widen | Weldcraft Wheels

Replica wheels tend to have a higher rate of rejection due to excessive runout.
Be aware that wheels purchased sight unseen is still a buyer beware situation.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wheels will be in Wednesday hope to have some updates by end of next week. PUMPED

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cool! how much to widen the cobra rims?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cost me $225 to widen + $50 to clean bead up per tire. After shipping its a little over $600 that doesn't even count that I bought two replica wheels. But thats the price you pay when you have a one off car and a one off wheel. I have wanted to do this for about 10 years.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It came in a day early. (The other wheel and tire are the stock wheel with 275/40R17s on it.)

Ok so I'm going to start this off with showing you wheel and tire sizes and differences.
(See first post for offset info and more)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pic of just wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Few more pics sorry for pic overload but trying to show everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Few on the car

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pic of the car

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tried to put them on without doing anything yes I knew it wouldn't work but wanted a starting point. It hit on 3 points.
1 the exhaust
2 quad shock
3 parking cable

I want to point out in the pic that the parking cable is on the back bolt.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First off I want to point out the parking break has been moved to the forward bolt.

You can see my guessing what I wound need to hammer with a marker.
My 3lb hammer
and the hammering I first did.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took it down the road really tried to make it rub like parking lot doing circles right before sliding.

Pics show the results

I took the areas in the pic at the points it rubbed hit them with the hammer and painted them back black with spray paint 2 reasons so it could rub it back off it it rubbed again and to keep from rusting.

Took it back down the road and no rubbing so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Last pic is the exhaust I have a 3in Mac all the way out the back lets just say you may want to call it a 2 1/2 now lol.

All in all so far I'm pumped about it.
1 Looks great.
2 Not spinning 24-7 like before

Things to know.
1 Each wheel and tire together weighs 65lb each. (will weight my stock 93 wheels with my 275/40r17 and post later)
2 I added 1.75 to the wheel it worked but it is stupid tight. I would say don't push your luck go 1.5 or 1.625 I ended up with
10 1/8in wide wheels. (you can see in pics)
3 This is for a 93 cobra only rear end is different then in a regular mustang.
4 They aren't balanced when they got back to me and are off a good bit like the one I checked is 7oz out didn't fix but think I'm going to look into the best way they have some new beads out I may try.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any questions just ask.

But please look at first post and pics when it come to sizes it can be a little hard to explain but its all in the pics and post one.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts