Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 183 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Was looking at picking up a TKO 600 from a guy. He told me I could shift the transmission in the car so I went to his house car wasn't running he was changing intakes. So I told him just hit me back when it was running. Guy got it running then backed out. After 2 months of talking and one trip to his house 60 miles away.

I was really looking at an A5 so I guess that will be my plan again.
The A5 that Tony sells is awesome. I've built quite a few of them, one guy lives in Alabama that has one I built for him before he rotated out of the service up here. He told me it's still going strong in his hot street car. They shift so smooth, but they are noisey.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Motor is ordered they said April or May.

Think I'm going to go ahead an pickup a PA Racing K member. He said he could build it just the way I want it. I added convertible motor mounts and it dropped my motor 1/2in (on last build) so I'm thinking If I get him to drop it 1in. That would give me 1in more (1 1/2 total) if I use the convertible motor mounts total or 1/2 more (1in total) if I use stock motor mounts. Going to use their A-Arms with spring perches so I can use my stock springs.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So few things I'm looking at.
I was debating to way to get the most air N/A and still look super clean so my thought is keep the cold air intake or go back stock box.
So the stock box has a outlet of 3 1/4in with the inlet being the complete fender hole. Plan on going with a 85mm mass air 3.34in inlet not sure outlet yet but the stock elbow is 3in. 75mm TB will be 2.95in
If I keep my cold air intake it is 3in in and out.
My plan is to go back stock but I will test both on a dyno.

I will also test the stock 65mm and a 75mm

My plan is to use the normal air box when daily driving but when I go to tune on WOT I will just come straight off the TB.
So I ordered the 85mm Mass air as I talk about above see in pic. I will use the air filter when I'm running at the track right off the TB. (This is for an 03-04 Mach 1)

https://www.americanmuscle.com/cnl-82maf-rai-0304-mach1.html

Also went a little overboard and ordered all ARP bolt. LMR has some really cool kits that they didn't have 15 years ago when I built my last big build.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-10313HDW/mustang-engine-accessory-bracket-hardware-kit-8593

Woody is using this one when adding my timing chain and water pump

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-8501BHDW/1979-93-Mustang-50L-58L-Water-Pump-Timing-Cover-Studs-Bolts

ARP Intake Studs 354-2103
ARP Valve Cover Studs 200-7602
ARP Header Bolts 400-1110 (These are the 5/6 heads to help clear the headers) (I have Studs I will use on both ends)

Ordered a new K&N for the stock air box.

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
All Choked Up

Thought I might post a couple pictures of my DD 363. Too small Cobra intake (ported lower), too small XE274HR cam, too small AFR 185 Outlaw heads (upgraded 8019 springs) Woody built the shortblock with my used Scat crank, and RPM rods. The idea was to build a nice streetable combo with mostly parts I had laying around.

Hope this is some inspiration OP!
DD363 small.jpg

363 for red car2small.jpg

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thought I might post a couple pictures of my DD 363. Too small Cobra intake (ported lower), too small XE274HR cam, too small AFR 185 Outlaw heads (upgraded 8019 springs) Woody built the shortblock with my used Scat crank, and RPM rods. The idea was to build a nice streetable combo with mostly parts I had laying around.

Hope this is some inspiration OP!
View attachment 971454

View attachment 971456
Have you put it in the car yet? Dyno or track numbers? N/A or ? Man I'm pumped.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Have you put it in the car yet? Dyno or track numbers? N/A or ? Man I'm pumped.
I just took the pics last night. I've been taking my time with the details, just got the valvetrain set up this week. LGM 1.7:1 shaft mounted rockers, lifters are Morrel link bars, pushrods at 6.250" long. It will be naturally aspirated, aprox. 10:1 static compression, I haven't yet bought the PRO-M Engine management system I'll be using.

I will take it to the dyno when she's ready. Stock T5, won't be running at Byron with that.

Jay

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I just took the pics last night. I've been taking my time with the details, just got the valvetrain set up this week. LGM 1.7:1 shaft mounted rockers, lifters are Morrel link bars, pushrods at 6.250" long. It will be naturally aspirated, aprox. 10:1 static compression, I haven't yet bought the PRO-M Engine management system I'll be using.

I will take it to the dyno when she's ready. Stock T5, won't be running at Byron with that.

Jay
Can't wait to see your numbers. Looks like with those heads will work great.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ordered my radio from post #4 and 6 new speakers. Hope to get started on the radio and new carpet in the next few weeks. You know the old saying (If it was easy everyone would do it).

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So I'm at home and just as I expected the 85mm it its smallest point is 82mm or 3.22in so it will work just as I had planned. Hope to do a ton this week so pics are coming.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So did get much done today on my build was helping a friend cut his rear end down.

But went to another friends junk yard and got the right sensor for the 85mm being it was made for an 03-04 mustang. Took a min to find one. As you can see I cut the inside out didn't need it. Its just for looks anyway. Will work more on it tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So got a few measurements so you can see the size of everything as you can see the mass air is way to big to fit so I had to boil some water put the rubber ends in it and let them soften so it would stretch then one I put it on I kept it on till it cooled off so it would form to the new size see pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Few pics of how it all turned out after it was done.

The stock air box is new had a cold air on it before just need to order and add the original sticker.

Attachments

Reactions: thadude

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So I thought I had ordered ALL the carpet for the car once I open the box I learned I only ordered the back but I installed it today this was very simple only 4 screws. If you look at the back seat you can see a big difference in color.

Plan on ordering front carpet tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just a pic of the parts that I'm working on adding. Some stuff is for the motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Added the speakers today. Dash speakers didn't fit great but it will work. The one down side is I bet I added 5lb to the car they weigh a bunch more. Added some tape to the connectors thought it may cut down on noice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Few more speaker pics and the ones with the tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
While I was in the doors I knew the Actuators were bad but man they wounded move at all. Ordered some new ones today. Also paints my Lower controller arms did like the red didn't want people to look by the tire a see them sticking out (RED) so I painted them black.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 183 Posts