Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My setup is
DSS probullet 306
TFS Heads ,Intake, Stage one Cam(Street Heat Kit)
42LB injectors
65mm TB
255 pump
B&G Custom Turbo Kit with t-67 Garrett .96
MegaSquirt 1 V3 MSnS
7 PSI of boost
3.73 Gears

Went to the dyno today and did a bit of tunning and Made 440HP and 460TQ on a DYNO JET.
Does that sound pretty much right?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Seems low to me. Your are only using 7 lbs, so it's a little harder to compare to equal motors with 10lbs. I was thinking low to mid 500's with h/c/i

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wonder if i need more timing? or do you think if i bumped it up to 10 it would make closer to or at 500hp?

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I have the same motor set up as you. I am running a custom twin kit (being installed now, should be on the rollers for tuning this month) If mine doesnt make 500+ im going to shoot it. I think you need to up the boost to make some real power but I think 525-540 is pretty easily accessible.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it also may be my timing i will post my MS timing table later on tonight Millhouse wil be able to let me know about my timing table

·
Registered
687 Posts
Those are respectable numbers. Automatic or 5-speed? We really need to know how much total timing your running. It's probably a pretty conservative tune. Also, the shortblock may have low compression pistons for power adders.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a 5-speed. total timing at 7psi is 23 degrees. AFR is at 11.9 in the boost areas. Compression is 9:6:1.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am a newbie at this but doesn't 23deg seem much? I guess at seven pounds of boost it probably isn't. I am only running 16deg total @ 12lb's.

How about fuel? Are you maxed out?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got pretty much the same setup and @ 9lbs of boost with a precision 67mm I made 501RWHP with a safe tune. My afr stayed at 11.4 to 11.5 through the whole pull on the dyno. If you add a few more lbs of boost you ought to be right up there at 500 with no problem.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I'd say in part it's the 7lbs....and in part it's your timing table. At only 7lbs you should be able to run 26* (93 octane)timing with those heads. If I can remember, I'll take a screen shot of my settings after work so I can show you what table has worked for me. When you do change it though....do a little bit at a time to ensure it's right for you. If you detect any hint of detonation...back out of it and drop the timing a couple of deg's.

Don't get me wrong, 440/460 isn't bad...but at 7psi I'd expect you to be in the ~470rwhp range. Remember too that not all dyno's are created equal...and in the end, the numbers are not all that counts.

The track on the other hand doesn't lie (unless you are spinning through your first 3 gears) :blam:

By the way, what mufflers (if any) are you running? Do you have a datalog of the run?

Also, depending on what your elevation is....7lbs is going to put you in the 150kpa plus range on your timing table...which means your only running 20-22* timing in most areas.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi millhouse yes i have a datalog.i can email it to you if you want PM me your address. the mufflers i am using are hooker max flows which are straight through's both 2 1/2 inch.
the max KPA i saw was 155 you will see it in the datalog when i email it to you.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i will send you the datalog tonight when i get home from work thanks man.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Millhouse sent you the datalog let me know where i can improve thanks again for you help
paul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts