Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to make the air conditioner work with this because i still have everything in my car to hook the A/C up & i wouldn't mind having it if its possible

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or is it even not worth fooling with?

·
Formerly LSNotch
840 Posts
I was wondering about the same thing but the price on that kit is outrageous!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
my friend has the stock comp on his and had a hydralic hose company make him the hoses. 93 coupe and LS1 out of a 98 99? firebird. he took the GM ends and the Ford ends to the place and showed them the length and to them it was no big deal at all.

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
This is an old thread, but wondering if anyone found any more info/pics on doing it?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think Dirty Dingo makes a reasonably priced Sanden 508 bracket for an LSX engine, which should work for a Fox.

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Anyone else? I am so on the fence about a LS swap, but AC is a MUST!! I know it can be done, just would like to see some people that have actually done it.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I thought I explained it how it was done on my car. My LS1 Mustang has A/C. no sway bar though. You probably also could have a sway bar with maybe 3/4 spacers.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
well they where on webshots, but just found out now that they are now called smile something and havent imported my pics. I can't post them.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
ok on this forum I have posted a thread called "I bought the LS1 coupe" it has just a few pics. its still on the first page

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
I found it. I assume there is a compressor down there somewhere lol

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
I am not familiar with LS stuff at all. I'll google some pictures and see how the compressor is set up.

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
yeah its definitely way down low

I like the Dirty Dingo mount if it would clear. Uses a Ford style compressor

·
Registered
46 Posts
use a 1998 camaro header on the passenger side. it has a hump in it that will allow you to clear the bracket for the compressor. use a camaro condensor between your intercooler and radiator. make your lines. profit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts