Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was at the JY and there was a 90 Mark VII sitting there. I knew they had a disc brake 8.8.Well I want to upgrade the 78 Z7 Zephyr I just got to an 8.8 with 5 lug, and disc brakes would be a plus. Mark VII rear is missimg dr. side axle and diff cover. No biggie as have diff cover at home and figure axle can't be to hard to find. I talked the guy into sellimg it to me for $75 and they pull it. Then I come home and read about how much longer the axles are per side and how it makes track width way wider in rear.. Then I read you can still get the dr side ranger axles or pass. aerostar and just flip the brakes on the Mark VII rear to have stock fox track width. What exactly are guys talking about when they say FLIP. Are they saying side per side, or side per side and flip calipers and brackets to front side of axle? Or just flip calipers to front side??? I still haven't picked the rearend up as they still had to pull it. Want to make sure I didn't screw myself and I can just get ranger/aerostar axles and flip the stuff. Just want to know exactly what FLIPPING the brakes means. Thx Chip

·
Registered
208 Posts
There's a thread over on TheTurboForums about this. You have to unbolt the caliper brackets and cut a hole in them to slide them over the axleand bolt to the back side of the axle flange

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you have to cut a hole to slip over axle if you have to switch to thr Ranger/Aerostar axles anyway?? I am a member there also do you happen to have a link? Thx Chip

·
Registered
208 Posts
No link. It's not working in tapatalk from my phone. Search for sn95 brake swap. Anyway the axles are shorter and the brackets bolt onto the front of the flange. You unbolt the bracket and cut a notch so that you can slide the bracket over the axle tube BEHIND the flange. Anyway idk if it'd work the same with the mark7 rear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts