Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 90/10's in my 88 and I have a set of Motorsport C springs that I ran in my 89. I loved the stance of my 89 but Im afraid the C's are going to hold me back from getting the best launch I can get. I'm curious about getting some Drag Launch springs but I don't want a goofy stance. If anybody has pictures or experience with handling springs matched up with 90/10's please chime in. Im going to be installing my front suspension soon and want to know what to do before hand so I can do it once and forget about it.
Thanks,
Jesse

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Not sure if I understand the question..... Struts do not affect the stance of the car at all......

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have 90/10's in my 88 and I have a set of Motorsport C springs that I ran in my 89. I loved the stance of my 89 but Im afraid the C's are going to hold me back from getting the best launch I can get. I'm curious about getting some Drag Launch springs but I don't want a goofy stance. If anybody has pictures or experience with handling springs matched up with 90/10's please chime in. Im going to be installing my front suspension soon and want to know what to do before hand so I can do it once and forget about it.
Thanks,
Jesse
i have eibach drag springs (half a coil cut )in the front of my car with strange adj struts , and ford "B" springs out back and it sits about 1" lower then stock ...and launches nicely ...i'll post a pic when i get home .

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Being that the C springs are lowering (handling) springs and the 90/10's are a drag setup, I'd say it's mismatched.

As cevtv stated, shocks/struts do not affect stance.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I know struts do not affect the stance. I'm saying that I like the stance of my C springs but want to run the 90/10's to hook up real good. I just dont like the stance of drag springs, too high in the front for me. I was just wondering how well the car is going to weight transfer with the C springs. I guess I'll try it out and find out myself.

What I should have said is, does anybody have pictures of drag launch springs? And does anyone have experience with 90/10's matched up with C and or any other lowering springs.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Lowering springs can launch hard and consistent. It's the sum of the parts that make an efficient suspension package. Here's mine with B springs and monroe formula gp shocks/struts. Typical 60 ft is 1.52-1.54 and it drives nice on the street.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
here's mine with eibach front drag springs and "B" springs in the rear and strange adj shocks and struts ,

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks nice but I would like it like a half inch lower in the front. Im just gonna run the C springs that I have now. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
144 Posts
car looks good 331-stang, ive gotta set of eibach drag springs that a friend gave me and i was wondering if cutting them down would work . thanks

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
car looks good 331-stang, ive gotta set of eibach drag springs that a friend gave me and i was wondering if cutting them down would work . thanks
thanks man ,

tell ya what i cut a half coil out so i could make it sit nice with the rear springs i was using and the front lifts very nice with my struts set on #1 loose ...i wouldn't cut anymore then a half coil .

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
"tell ya what i cut a half coil out so i could make it sit nice with the rear springs i was using and the front lifts very nice with my struts set on #1 loose ...i wouldn't cut anymore then a half coil"

Any launch pics? What front struts?

·
Registered
144 Posts
thanks for the info 331-stang .. and mgerman93 what tire are you using ? no matter what that sixty foot is great!! and thats a sweet lookin car by the way!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
"mgerman93 what tire are you using ? no matter what that sixty foot is great!! and thats a sweet lookin car by the way!"

Thanks for the kind words. I use a 27x10.5 QTP on the street/track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts