Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9 inch housing ends or c clip eliminators
Which is better? I was told that the 9inch ends will not leak like the c clips elims. Anyone have a reason to get the 9inch ends over the c clips or vice versa?

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
I have had both. The 9" ends don't leak are stronger

Worth the money

Tim

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I have 9" end on my car . The 9" ends are superior to the c-clip eliminators . Pic of my cars rear just before I put it back under the car .

·
Registered
491 Posts
I run c-clip eliminators on my car with no leaking issues....on an 8.8. My kit came with a gasket to help seal things up....not sure if they all do or not.

I looked at going to a 9" but decided to beef up the 8.8 because I was only going to make about 500hp. I was concerned that with only 500 hp the 9" may slow me down because of the added weight or power needed to turn it when compared to an 8.8.

...can't go wrong with a 9" though. :)

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I run c-clip eliminators on my car with no leaking issues....on an 8.8. My kit came with a gasket to help seal things up....not sure if they all do or not.

I looked at going to a 9" but decided to beef up the 8.8 because I was only going to make about 500hp. I was concerned that with only 500 hp the 9" may slow me down because of the added weight or power needed to turn it when compared to an 8.8.

...can't go wrong with a 9" though. :)
He is not talking about a 9" rear he is talking about using 9" ENDS you buy from moser or stange and they weld on to the 8.8 rear axle tubes after you cut off the old 8.8 ends .

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
That's correct 460capri so can I go disc brakes with the 9 inch ends???????
YES . But cant believe you asked a 2nd time I already said I was using 9" ends and I showed you a pic of my built rear and those sure are not drum brakes on there .

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
LOL can't see pics on my pda.. Sorry laptop is broken. :)
Thats ok seeing you cant see my picture . I will let you know I have 94 GT brakes that are blck zinc coated and slotted with the red cobra calipers with GT pads put in place of the cobra pads as that is the only difference in them and being red . The reason I did that was I had no cores for the parts store and wanted the red calipers for the looks anyway .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts