Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have moser 9 inch ends welded onto my 8.8 for the longest time now and am trying to get ack into the mustang thing

someone refresh my memory what exactly it is that you have to get machined so that you can put the disk brakes back on the rear end. How much do you have to get it machined ect.all the info you have. Thanks.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Dunno about any machining needed, I have big ford 9" ends on my 8.8 and I am using wilwood rear discs.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Cant you just get a late model explorer rear brake setup to make it work?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
What style of ends did you weld on? You need to know that before buying brakes....

·
Registered
99 Posts
What style of ends did you weld on? You need to know that before buying brakes....
This has nothing to do with buying brakes. I was asking what bracket Bobtsgt modified to use Stock Brakes with a large new style ford end.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
bobtsgt what brand ends are those? Are those the late model big bearing ends? Looks nice ! Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
I confirmed those are the big late model ends. I am working on the bracket number.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
What is the brake spacing on the axle.

I have not been able to get anyone to build them with more that 2.50".

Tim

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Actually the style of housing DOES have to do with brakes...

And I was talking to the original poster... not you... :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Actually the style of housing DOES have to do with brakes...

And I was talking to the original poster... not you... :)
His post is a year old. :eek:

I brought the thread back to life.

The quote function is your friend.

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
the conversion brake bracket is made by wilwood to match their brake caliper bolt pattern and offset mounting on to a stock "rectangle" bolt pattern on a 9 inch end...
some realignment is necessary depending on the exact "HAT" that holds the rotor.....

they also make a bracket to reuse the original ( 8.8"housings )brake caliper and mate it to a 9 inch end.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
haha well I don't look at the dates of every post...

Carry on! :salute:

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
look at what is in post # 8..

it is a 8.8 housing with 9 inch bearing ends and a conversion bracket to mount the stock 8.8 brakes..............

1 - 20 of 21 Posts