Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, fellas here we go. We have an 89 Gt with a 306 on a 150 shot. Car has been 11.8 on MT drags. Anyway going to try the ebay turbo kit everyone is talking about. Plan to install the fresh 331 in my shop (10:1) with low boost. Hoping to get 550 RWHP with a MP70 upgrade. Here is my engine/trans combination.

Eagle 4340 crank
Eagle H beam rods
Probe pistons (10:1)
Trick Flow stage 2
Main Support
Performer heads stud mount
Crane Energiner RR
Holley Systemax intake
75mm BBK Throttle body & EGR
3.73 gears with pro auburn
MT drags 275/40-17
255 walbro (New bbk inline pump to add)
Selling 30lb injector and pro flo meter
T5 with spec stage 2 clutch
Flowmaster exhaust (Will upgrade)

Was going to install new engine with a nitrous, but changed my mind. What do you guys think about this setup. I know the compression is on the high side.Thinking about 60lb injectors and a Pro M. Let me know what you think about the combination especially the cam and compression.
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
first with the compression go with the 60lb injectors and the pro tube!!the tfs stage 2 cam it will work as my friend runs it and it works good!the 3.73need to go to 3.27-3.55max, as your going to want to load the turbo,and the rest sounds good to but get a good tune!!!!just be careful to get the tune for the boost!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I still scratch my head and wonder why people build motors let alone stoke them with the stock block. (unless your an NA type of person) Might as well leave it stock and boost it to hell. Regardless of what you do it dies around 550 or so. If the motor was out at some point, why didn't you just build a 351?

But yeah, wish you luck. Comp is a tad high but who cares. 550 should be easy with 10-12psi. Might want to change them gears out too. :p

Don't know why you would spend all that money and then settle for an ebay kit, but to each his own. Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Speedy911, I originally had this motor for another project that I sold. Since I had it lying around; I decided to use it. I figured it would get me to 550 rwhp quicker and safer than my 306 would. Stock blocks can last long to a certain point, as long as they are built and tuned properly. I had a 347 supercharged vortech t trim 625hp that lasted for 7 years trouble free. I think the ebay kit will get me where I want to be for a good price. This car is mainly my cruiser that will see limited track action. I have other assassins for the bad guys:cool: I'm glad I can get away with the cam. I read that the Trick flow stage 1 cam was a nice cam for turbo app. I have a set of 3.27 out of my old cobra that I'm going to use for the gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts