·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 GT Drag Only Car
2900 lb
393W, 12 to 1, with ported Trick Flow TW heads, 700+ SR cam 950 cfm carb
C-4 with brake & 430 rear
My ? is how big of radiator do I need 2-3 or 4 core and I am in AZ so its Hot hear and how much stall on the converter
for the 1/4 mil ?
any help would be great
Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
run a three core rad, and call lenny at ultimate convertor concepts he will hook you up with a great convertor, probably one of the best convertor guys in the counrty. just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
at least a 3core. your gonna run race gas right?? that thing is probably gonna burn pistons on pump gas

42-4600 stall

·
Registered
785 Posts
Radiator: Griffin aluminum (it's a thick 2 core) with a Ford Contour dual fan - the fan has a factory resistor that you can wire it up (with 2 switches) to run high (full voltage) or low (about 7 volts). Works GREAT.

Converter: only one call to make - Lenny at Ultimate Converter Concepts. He did an 8" for me.... Awesome!!!!!!!!! I sent him my chassis dyno (w/ 5 speed) curve along with some other details. He nailed the stall the first time AND was 0.5 seconds (yes, 1/2 second) faster than the previous 9" I had...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the help Guys
Yes I will run Race Gas
and I was thinking 42 to 4500 so I am ok on that,
I will call Lenny to see what he has
what do you guys think of Redneck converters ?
I want to throw a little juice at it later on to , 200 or so

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I am running a BECOOL Direct replacement radiator with a Dodge Minvan fan. The shroud covers the whole radiator and it cools pretty quickly without drawing too many amps. I run a UCC convertor with a 6700 stall. I run a 15:1 compression race motor. The car is usually around 110-120 dgrees coming out of the waterbox. At the end of the run its 140-150 degrees depending on its a 1/4 or 1/8 mile run.

Rex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts