Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have an ebay gt45 on my car. I installed a 3550 with tko guts. This is a street car. Probably nvr see the track.

I want more lag in my setup to reduce tq so I can have better traction and help keep my trans alive til I get a t56. I also want to eliminate any back pressure.

I'm torn between adding another "gt45" or a vsr8883 (PT88 clone).

No time goals or hp goals. I would like full boost by 4-4500....only take it to 6500.

Current setup
351w entry lvl forged guts
nx282
eddy perf 170s
PP typhoon intake
e85
2.25 x-over and 4"x14" downpipe

·
Registered
583 Posts
Isn't this the car that used to have a turbo and downpipe sticking 12 feet up in the air?

Anyway, to address your original question, I don't think adding another turbo or a bigger turbo should be your solution. It will create more lag yes, but when the power comes in you will probably end up with more torque than you have now, which would defeat the purpose. I would just get a hold of a better tranny and pick a turbo and cam that matches what your motor is capable of.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Let's see pics of your engine bay to get a better idea

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have a single turbo boat hot pipes and my exhaust is 14". My cam is fine. Thanks for the reply, but I'm pretty sure I'm upgrading to the 8883. I wish I had the funds to drop 4k on a trans but I don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts