Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love this turbo stuff, beats the hell out of my F2....lol...Had to lift both passes, just got lucky on the second pass and controlled the rise better.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah, drag radials too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice. "He's outta his mind!" :lol:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You said you like it better than the F2? Just wondering what the differance is?
Nice passes! The last one you almost put it on the bumper.
All the violence is gone, the turbo is SO smooth and a linear power curve it's unreal. I could send my wife down the track in this car, it's that controlled. TOTALLY different than the F2, it's amazing. And I don't miss the noise either.

This car has a 5" downpipe on it, and it's a hell of alot quieter than my F2 ever was. I'm prolly gonna put a full exhaust on over the winter, and you'll never hear me coming, other than my fuel pump...lol. :rofl:

Was gonna put plates on it this year, it has insurance, just to cheap to pony up the dough for the damn NYS title fee's and taxes. :barf:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I know what you mean about violence. I leave the line at 6200 and you better be ready when you let go of the trans brake. How much boost are you making with the 88 vs the
F2? And time differances?

Never got the F2 to near it's potential like you, but I"m going faster with less boost, 17# vs. 18#, a smaller motor, I have a 331 vs my 363, and I'm using a Glide vs. my C4, in a car that weighs 250#'s more and going faster than I ever have.

I'm 5.66 to the 1/8th at 123mph, best guess on 60' is a 1.23-25, I tripped it with my back tires and it was 1.42...other number is from online calculators. It just drives up into the wheelstand, unlike my buddies F2 car or my friend that uses nitrous, they have a very violent leave like you I'm sure.

I used to hear a ton of noise from the back of the car, now, nothing.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great passes, clean car. You make the 8s look easy and effortless.

Well done!
It wasn't easy, but it was expensive. Lol. Bought the best I could afford as far as parts go, and got alot of good help from some great friends along the way.

Thanks again guys, more vids to come in the next couple weeks, gonna get the launch settled down and hit it a little harder.

·
Registered
161 Posts
nice video man that car ride's out, hope my new 331 motor build does as good but im only running a PT70 70mm turbo and a MV AOD :( but it does have a transbrake:D..how do you like that full coil over rear suspension on the street?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually I haven't had a chance to really street drive it yet, just around my block, no tags yet. But from what I have experienced so far, I don't think it will be any different than a standard set-up. Ride's great.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
331, IE block, AFR 205's, custom solid roller, Super Victor. PT-88 mm Precision

1 - 20 of 84 Posts