Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isnt for haters. Im a huge ford guy nothing but v8 power. This is my little brothers car and build. Me and some buddys will be putting it togather. sticking a 2jz-gte in a fox with th400 tranny and 9inch rear, Stock appreance on the outside with factory 10 hole wheels:) Sticking a 76mm turbonetics on for power adder. Hoping to make 600 wheel and be a 20mpg daily driver. Ill post up all build pics and information soons we start on the project.

The reason for this is all the kids around town are jdm lovers. Me and my brother are huge domestic guys. Have pretty much some of the quickest daily driven street cars around our little town. (brother drives a 660 solid lift cam 393 stroker 80miles a week lol..) Well there all trash talking saying all we can do is build v8's we know nothing about making jap fast. So I figured we would come out with a 10 sec jdm mustang to prove a point. This has been done to a few stangs on the internet that I know of. So it should be a great build making everything from scratch.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Definately post pictures of the build up.
Are those motors light?
Erich

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
what the hell is a 2jz-gte ??????

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
props for trying some thing different , but I am not sold on the idea yet buy I will watch the build and decide when done . I hope it comes out good but why not a 88mm since a lot of the 2jz motors run them ? 10's should be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
554 Posts
props for trying some thing different , but I am not sold on the idea yet buy I will watch the build and decide when done . I hope it comes out good but why not a 88mm since a lot of the 2jz motors run them ? 10's should be a piece of cake.
supporting mods on a 2j for an 88mm turbo are going to up his build cost...almost double. its not just slap this bigger turbo on and watch the dyno peg. You're talking a small frame t4 to a t6 turbo. something built to make 600 to something meant to make....well...double that. Suddenly your fuel system isn't up to par, along with your intercooler,engine management, exhaust, etc, etc. As someone who has built a coupel of 1000plus hp supras, I can tell you, there is more too them than just a turbo and go....and if you only go 10s on an 88mm....you should be slapped...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well here is the plans so far, 76 mm turbo, 44mm waste gate 50mm bov all tial stuff. 1000cc injectors, stock shortblock, head studs , probably ttc's main girdle with studs just for insurance. Umm most likely we will up grade valve train depending on what kind of power we see out of this setup.probably going with 264 cams, and rest of the valve train from manley. stock intake with some porting. using a aem management system, all custom wiring. 4inch down pipe , A1000 fuel pump, 5/8's line with a 7/16 or half inch return. Hopeing to pump out atleast 600 to the wheels... using a th400 with custom driveshaft. this will be a daily driver so all the interior will stay with a 10point cage. we gutted everything that you cant see, chrome oly front and rear bumpers, radiator support. all tube k member, going to make thru the floor subframe connectors. Car should weigh any were from 2600-2800 lbs. :) with 600hp, should be a easy 10 sec car.

Just replacing Japan parts were amercian parts were needed:) Ill keep everyone posted.. in the process of gutting stripping and getting motor comp preped to test fit engine and tranny.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The main girdle really isn't a requirement in my book. I've built two 1000+ whp supras...one making 1480 now with nitrous and neither of them we used a main girdle. One was a stock crank, carillo rods and titan pistons...the other was a titan 3.4 stroker. Just a lil tip.

Can't wait to see progress on it. Sounds like a sick build

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thats awesome...

I remember the Nova wagon that ran Hot Rod Drag Week with a supra motor in it...thing sounded stock till it came on boost. I remember seeing several high 8' sec passes and he drove it 2500 miles for the 5 tracks in 5 days...

That motor is certainly capable of serious power...and in a light car that can hook..itll be fast.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill get pics of the car today or tommarow so you can see what were working with. strightest 86 notch ive ever seen with a NON wavy front bumper :) were going to paint it same color as my 88notch and same wheels just keeping the 86 bumper. Were waiting for me to finish my last 2 trips to the track before we put my car away for the winter and bring his in the garage. Should be a exciting build, I have some good guys helping out with this, one from turbo dynamics ( doing custom wiring harness and dyno tuning ) Also have a good buddy thats certified welder, me and a few other guys. Were going to do this all with about 7-8 grand ... We think anyway:) lol.

We are going to have 4grand in motor turbo transmission and all the material for the engine compartment and mounting up transmission and motor. Purchased the rolling chassis for a grand, Going to have a grand in AEM management system. We will have about 2grand in odds and ends. First things going to be done probably cage, and prep motor compartment ( smoothing it all out and primed ) and new aluminum firewall, floors:) .

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Definately post pictures of the build up.
Are those motors light?
Erich
motors are iron blocks with aluminum head, They weigh about 500 lbs with all accessorys bolted on, Im sure we will eliminate probably 50lbs. Stock 351w weighs about 500ish lbs. So theres not a whole lot of difference in weight. But with the amount of hp we can get out of this I-6 will make up for the loss of 2 cylinders lol. The transmission were using weighs about 130lbs, th400. a c4 transmisson without bell housing weighs 95lbs.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Subscribing, would like to see test fit pics if available. :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Not my thing, but I am interested in how this turn's out. Good luck with it.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts