Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a all original 1986 notchback off Craigslist a while back. It's a little cream puff. 88hp 4speed cold a/c everything works. It's like a flashback to 1986 and I bought a new car. With that said time to turn it into a real car! I have been driving it to work and such so I can bound with it ? Plans are to keep driving it while the transformation goes on. Plans are to even drive it to the chasis shop and dropping it off to get the cage installed with the four banger still in it. I will have everything possible completed before new drivetrain goes in. I have been gathering parts. The first upgrade will be changing out the 7.5 rear end. I have a complete housing out of 1989 gt minus the axels. I will be upgrading to strange axels and spool down the road but for now I am leaving the factory tracloc and gears in the housing since I will continue to drive car around. My question is will the stock 7.5 axels work in the 8.8 rear. I have googled it and have found some who say they are the same axels. I will retain the stock manual brake assembly that is currently on the 86' for the time being if that matters any. I Will upgrade to strange brakes when ready to put in axels and spool.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 1 of 1 Posts