Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share. Got it running a little while ago and recently finished the tune. have gone to the track twice times spinning the 315 toyo 888's the length of the track. Best mph was when I forgot to turn off the traction control. It ran 96 mph on 15 psi in the 1/8. No traction control leads to worse mph. Upped the boost at 18 or so and the mph dropped to 93mph So far it's running the same ET as stock but 14 mph faster. :rofl: I'll be shortening the rear and putting some new shoes on soon. When I do I should see well over 100 mph. Would really like to see over 108. Real shoes should let me shift faster than grandma. Right now fast shift bring in horrendous wheel hop the car will not drive through. But other than the oil pan, hat to replace the blower, and 80 lb injectors she is stock

It is VERY rich. I started pulling fuel out but hp kept going up, so I just left it somewhere in the 9's because poor rods.

·
Registered
23 Posts
GAWD!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
When I do I should see well over 100 mph. Would really like to see over 108. Real shoes should let me shift faster than grandma.
Put a real slick on it just one time and forget dealing with traction headaches. With that much true power, hitting 108 should be CAKE....

An honest 850rwhp should put you in the 113-115mph in the 8th, even at the weight of that tank.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Put a real slick on it just one time and forget dealing with traction headaches. With that much true power, hitting 108 should be CAKE....

An honest 850rwhp should put you in the 113-115mph in the 8th, even at the weight of that tank.
No doubt...I ran 92+mph in the 1/8 with my stockish 91GT on a big kit (also traction limited, but not to the extent you are). This was a car that probably didn't make 250rwhp with a 175 dry kit on it, and no weight reduction aside from draglites with Sportsman Pro's out back.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hopefully it will be easy. Last car did 107 with 540rwhp but 1000 lbs lighter lol
New shoes fit and made some adjustments to the suspension. :eeek:
Next goal hopefully will be keep the front tires on the ground :rofl:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got it all pretty much done. Need to throw in the gears with the new spool, paint a few things, install and hook up the anti roll bar.

What it should like. These are just mocked up.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanx Chris. Gotta get some kinda advantage to try and keep up with that thing you got.
How to do upper control arm thru the floor and keep back seats without modifying them. Maaaaybe have to do something in the center, but we'll see.
I'll have to make adjustments in the car, which could prove to be nicer. Something had to be done. Just putting it in the car would not let you get a bolt in many of the holes. Can't tell from these pics but the upper mount is completely welded in now also.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts