Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done one?

A lot of the 99' and 00' Lightning owners are are swapping in the 90MM from the 01' and that is leaving a lot of fresh 80's out there. I am sure there are improved flow characteristics, and realize that I would have to reburn my chip, but I was wondering if anybody has done this or considered it?

I would just like to see what peoples thoughts are.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
As far as I know, there are no differences between stock 80mm MAF housing. The cobra's MAF is the same as the GT's MAF, except for the 02 which is 85mm. The only difference is the sensor for the SVT is calibrated for 24# while the GT is 19#. The actual metal part is the same.

John

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are actually plastic and they are different. The GT MAF sensor is a bar that actually divides the opening in half. The SVT MAF is short piece that sticks up.

I am just wondering if anybody has done this?
:confused:

·
Registered
868 Posts
I've seen a few people throw the lightning meter in, all you need to do is have it calibrated for your injectors.

I like my C&L for now. When I get to the point of pegging it, I'll probably go the Lightning route, too.

Here my C&L next to my stock MAF.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
99Saleens281,

Thank you for the information.

I know the Lightning MAF is calibrated for 42 lb injectors. I suppose I just have to have my chip reburned, or does the actual MAF need some work done to it? What do you think? Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
868 Posts
I would suggest having it recalibrated specifically for your injectors. Send it to Pro-M, they can do it. Let the hardware take care of the "big stuff", let the software fine tune it all. Just my opinion, others will vary. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts