Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at trading my 1979 pace car which is powered by a efi 2.3 turbo engine and 5-speed transmission from a 88 turbo coupe. The wiring harness and la3 computer have also been swapped into the pace car. The hood scoops and ram air box from the turbo coupe have been grafted into the pc hood. Making this a true intercooled setup. It has the original recaro seats and they are really nice shape. The seats have been reupholstered. The interior is in good shape. It does need a headliner and the dash pad is split. I have replaced the sunroof gaskets,sunroof clips and taillights. I also have a nice set of correct Marchal fog lights and a new set of white Marchal fog like ght covers. A Kenwood elchameleon head unit and cerwin Vega speakers were professionally installed. I also installed s new fuel neck tank grommet and fuel tank lock ring and gasket. It has a set of 88 gt turbine rims with new tires.
The bad
The car will start on starting fluid but is not getting fuel to the rail. The engine is getting g fire and so is the fuel injector harness. I am actively working on this issue as I have a walbro 255lph inline pump I am installing. However I am looking to trade it as it sits. I will trade for a v8 5-speed mustang,boat,camper,ATV,guns and 4.6 performance parts,2v kenne bell setup, etc...

The car is located near at zip code 24228
If you have any questions please feel free to pm me.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
might be interested call [email protected] or send message and # to [email protected] mail.com i have 83glx vert 32k 5.0 5spd,console always garaged, has 97 gt40 motor,top is fair to good,interior is mint paint was faded so its totally disasembled and getting ready to paint,no rust anywhere all inspection stamps still there,no body work a few small door dings less than dime size,have original motor,just wanted to have roller setup and gt40 heads,everything original has lables still on wires brake lines etc.original paint was fading and webbing so wanted to redo with newer technology paint,was going to paint original paint dark midnight blue metalic(was optional special order bought from dealership owner.)but i can paint different color if we make deal.i restore mustangs and other collectable cars.have nine mustangs in my personal collection 3 bought new.i want an earlier fox body,and i have an 84 gt turbo vert,and a 84 aniversery veert as well so i wouldnt mind a trade if yours isnt rusted too bad? anyway call or email me thanks dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts