Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How should I run a mass air meter in my setup http://www.DeltaForceTuning.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BA-3000&Show=ExtInfo I'm thinking about the bazooka from sniper. I was told I should run a BA5000 but I get mixed input on that. It was sold to me as a PTK kit? I don't know how they were planing on running one on this setup unless it was in draw through and the blow off was recirculated some how. I bought the piping used and he didn't have much info on the kit. The down pipe is odd too. Im going to cut it and do the whole exhaust once I bolt it up next time for a mock up. But I'm looking for a fue good ideas on the cold side. And do you think I should step up the down pipe from 3inch to 3 1/2 inch? The round opening just past the intercooler is for a 56 mm blowoff valve.

The car will see 15-18lbs of boost and is a street car. I use delta force comando softwear for tuning.

Thanks, Robert

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I might be able to run the turbo like this if it would help the down pipe or inlet setup. Although I don't think it will look as good in the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of doing something like this for the exhust. This is a custom one a guy built that looked good so I saved some of his pics to help finish mine up. he went with 4inch

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just because I know someones going to say it. I'll say it first that's not the tranny for this car I'm running a 4r70 with this setup

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Blow thru is my recommendation for sure , and a slot style meter is a little more forgiving with the tuning on boosted car , but either should get the job done , SCT BA5000 slot style would be my suggestion

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blow thru is my recommendation for sure , and a slot style meter is a little more forgiving with the tuning on boosted car , but either should get the job done , SCT BA5000 slot style would be my suggestion
I once read that posisioning of the slot style meter and what the piping was doing before and after the meter, was a factor as well.

How's the ba5000 going to do on the street at normal driving conditions?

Can you get the weld on flange for the slot meter? Or have a link to one?

Robert

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Willie would you put the meter in the straight section just above wear the bov is now? And if so should I move the bov? And if not wear is the best place for the meter?

Robert

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
you want it away from the BOV , closer to the TB if possible , but in a straight pipe before and after the meter and same diameter pipe for as long as you can fit it , its all about LINEAR AIRFLOW , as long as you do calculations and set the meter up to use up to 80 percent of its capable airflow in whatever size pipe you choose then you will be fine at part throttle , basically if you set it up so its only reading 3 volts or less at WOT , its gonna run like crap on lower RPMs and idle

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
you want it away from the BOV , closer to the TB if possible , but in a straight pipe before and after the meter and same diameter pipe for as long as you can fit it , its all about LINEAR AIRFLOW , as long as you do calculations and set the meter up to use up to 80 percent of its capable airflow in whatever size pipe you choose then you will be fine at part throttle , basically if you set it up so its only reading 3 volts or less at WOT , its gonna run like crap on lower RPMs and idle
In-between the last 90 and before it goes into the polished aluminum section sounds completley out? It reduces down. I've kinda wanted to redo the cold side anyway. Now it looks like I have to. Any idea how it was intended to run?

·
Registered
568 Posts
i put my mass air in the pipe inside the inner fender on the pass side where it has a decent length of straightness on both sides once the maf was installed. i may have pics of my turbo build somewhere if interested. it was a 4v as well..

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sure, post them,or a link is cool. I thought I have seen ppl run the iac hose into a cold side before? Docent that air need to be metered also?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oops sorry ...its been awhile since i turbod that car... the meter was in the intake tube in the engine bay about halfway up it. I remember that because that is what the meter was calibrated for (3.5" pipe)

It was a weld in mount for the MAF. i put it on the underside of the pipe in an attempt to make the engine bay cleaner. It was only a lightning 90mm maf if my memory is working right haha

The line you see close to the throttle body on my cold side was my wastegate line. I tapped into the egr delete plate for my boost gauge

edit:
Look to the left side of the intake you can see some of the welds where the MAF mount is

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How'd it spool with a 3.5? It looks like my old JLT cai!

Robert

·
Registered
568 Posts
the 3.5" was ONLY the part you seen there, the rest was 3". It "was" an anderson power pipe but its all i had at the time so i made it work with everything. It spooled very quick, specially for the size of the turbo.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any thought on the down pipe? I think 3" is to small.

·
Registered
568 Posts
i had planned on running a 4" DP thru the fender and out the fender right by the driver door. I ran 3" for the longest time and it didnt seem to hurt anything, but at your power levels i would run atleast 3.5"

You can see the circle i marked in the engine bay where i was going to cut for the pipe in the second pic haha

·
Registered
549 Posts
How do you like the coolant system with that crossover pipe blocked off, I was thinking about doing that to mine any differences in coolant temps

·
Registered
549 Posts
Also I am running a sct ba3000, and my piping is 3 inch and that maf housing is 4 inch so I has to step up and then back down to 3 inch before the tb and I seem to be getting a miss on the low rpm and a rough idle would that cause this issue?

My tuner said the signal was rough, but I have a fuel trim issue from bank to bank would this be the cause?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts