Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
6,975 Posts
On street tires with a soft hitting clutch, it might last a little while. On slicks or getting good traction, I doubt it will hold up very long at all at that power level.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Wow bad ass. Enjoy your new found power.:drool:

·
Registered
160 Posts
705RWHP! Thats what I am talking about. I have set that as my goal, would like to hear more details : Cam, M2 heads? - turbo size and ar, engine management and fuel system. PM me if you dont want to broadcast it. Awesome ride!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Watch the classified for a used Lentech AOD.

I picked up a low mile Lentech AOD complete with cooler and new converter
for $1,500 out of the corral for sale section. $4,000+ trans new.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Watch the classified for a used Lentech AOD.

I picked up a low mile Lentech AOD complete with cooler and new converter
for $1,500 out of the corral for sale section. $4,000+ trans new.
That's the kind of deal I'm looking for- I'll be on the lookout.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
705RWHP! Thats what I am talking about. I have set that as my goal, would like to hear more details : Cam, M2 heads? - turbo size and ar, engine management and fuel system. PM me if you dont want to broadcast it. Awesome ride!

Brodix T1 heads ported by M2, custom cam by FTI, t-76 with .81 ar, F.A.S.T. classic bank to bank, and glenns performance 900hp system.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very cool of you! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
how much boost?

what motor mounts? looks like the motor was twisting bad in there

·
Registered
114 Posts
I cant believe your T5 will last at all unless your tires are so hard they are incapable of hooking at any speed. I had a built Gforce T5 that lasted 5k miles and then snapped when I rolled into 3rd gear on the freeway with just Nitto drag radials, which hooked marginally. The previous stock T5 lasted less than 50 miles at a lower boost setting. I now use a Lentech AOD with MT ET street radials and 0-60 is in the 2's on the street without even bothering to heat the tires.
If you don't need the overdrive of an AOD, it's hard to beat the strength of a prepped turbo 400 tranny.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think it really depends on how you drive it and the traction your car gets. I have a z spec t-5 with a Spec stage III on the 408 (617 rwhp). Not quite the same power level but way above what the transmission is capable of.

I don't power shift, and the drag radials dont hook well into third gear. With that being said, I seem to burn up clutches faster than my poor T-5. I've been thru 2 Stage IIIs and a bunch of Zoom Kevelars before. Slowly but surely, I will have the $$$ for a Viper Spec T-56....Please hold out T-5 till then!!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much boost?

what motor mounts? looks like the motor was twisting bad in there
That was at 20#'s of boost. The motor mounts are stock, although the solid motor mounts are in progress since those are a little cheaper than a tranny.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far I've only driven it on the street. I have it on drag tires right now(hopefully popo's don't have a cow) just so I can keep traction.

it's hard to beat the strength of a prepped turbo 400 tranny.

Anybody got recommendations of a shop that makes prepped turbo 400's?
Thanks, Neil.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What turbo kit is that?

It started out as a Vecco kit hotside, but it didn't fit right of course( got it super cheap ), so I murdedred the hell out of it, and from there on out, I did everything myself.

·
Registered
246 Posts
What's wrong with a c4?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Brodix T1 heads ported by M2, custom cam by FTI, t-76 with .81 ar, F.A.S.T. classic bank to bank, and glenns performance 900hp system.
on your glenns performance kit do you have twin pumps? and if so do you have lines gong direct to back of each rail?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts