Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen posts on different forums that reference a 7" crank pulley for a weiand 174 supercharger setup but I can't find anyone selling them for a ford. can anyone points me to a place where I can buy one. thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do see them on summits site for Chevy . I've only read about them on forum posts for Ford . Not sure if they are redrilling the Chevy ones or what. I'm wanting one because I can't seem to stop the belt from slipping when I put a 2.5" pulley on. A 7" on bottom with the bigger pulley up top would give me about the same ratio with a lot more pulley contact on the belt.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Is it slipping during the pull or just when revving at idle? I've got my tensioner really tight to keep mine from slipping. Wish they would have just done a cog setup or at least offered a cog setup for these.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slips During a pull. Typically jumps up to about 9 pounds and then starts dropping. I even tried adding a wrap pulley. It helped some but still slipped. I've added a washer to the spring in the tensioner and run belt tighter than instructions say to. Not sure what else I can do.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Yeah it's probably my biggest complaint with these setups. I have a ton of tension on it and idk how much it'll affect my balancer or crank. I don't run that much boost though so i don't have the issue yet. I'd much prefer a low tension cog setup but nobody makes it and idk what it'd cost.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree. The few times I was able to get 10 pounds of boost it made a huge difference in the car. But I can't do it consistently. I'm going to contact Holley about a 7 inch pulley I'll post on here what they have to say about it.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Cool, just emailed black mountain precision about a pair of cog pulleys as well. I'll let you know what they want to charge for the kit. Only issue is i'd need a burst plate or relief valve in case of backfires.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Mine is a 10 rib. I'd hope OP's is 10 as well. They did make a 6 rib setup way back in the day but those didn't last long before they were yanked and upgraded to 10.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mine is 10 rib also.
I did speak with someone from holley. they do not offer a 7" for sbf. they said I could probably have a chevy 7" redrilled but stopped short of saying that everything else about the pulley would be the same.

·
Registered
554 Posts
You need to call ASP they make pulleys. In the mean time can you get your hands on a centrifugal style Ford Paxton or novi style crank pulley? Will your blower pulley lineup with the centrifugal style crank pulley. The measurement you need is from one edge of the accessorie groove to the blower belt groove.ASP can make the 7"pulley you want.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info on asp. I spoke with them today and they can make me a one piece pulley. The bad news is I have to send them both my pulleys and the weiand spacer. And they have a 2 to 3 week turn around. So I would be a month or so without my car. Summer is to short for that so I'll have to wait until late fall to do it. But at least I know now I can get one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts