Ford Mustang Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah i just watched the video.
538lbs is pretty heavy in the front of a foxbody but its still a badass engine for other vehicles.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah i just watched the video.
538lbs is pretty heavy in the front of a foxbody but its still a badass engine for other vehicles.
Ehh, it's only 60lbs more than that 428.

If you're interested in road racing, that is significant.

For the street or drag racing, that's nothing.

Something else to consider...most of that weight will be offset by the requirement to run a lighter aftermarket K member for mounting. In the end, it's likely a wash.

Also keep in mind, anyone that bolts on a supercharger or turbo kit on the front end of their foxbody likely weighs more than this engine.

·
Registered
398 Posts
But it has virtually no aftermarket support. What you get is pretty much all you get. If that's all you want, it's an option I guess.
Totally, which is why I prefaced it with "you'll only ever need 300hp."

Though the existence of the sub-$600 aluminum 5.3 LS makes choosing anything else at that power level pretty difficult.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Why move this thread to the Off Topic Video section? Put it in General Mustang Tech if anything. Or even create a tech forum for the 7.3 Godzilla engine. If you watch the videos you will see that the engine already has significant aftermarket R&D underway so the engine and this topic are both here to stay.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Why move this thread to the Off Topic Video section? Put it in General Mustang Tech if anything. Or even create a tech forum for the 7.3 Godzilla engine. If you watch the videos you will see that the engine already has significant aftermarket R&D underway so the engine and this topic are both here to stay.
Agreed, this is definitely a must have in the tech section

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
im really curious of the potential of those canted valve heads,how much does that help with 445 cubes? anyone?

101 - 107 of 107 Posts