Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So currently my 70mm Precision has .96 A/R on it. And I'd like to gain a little faster spool. Can I go to either one of these without sacrificing my current top end charge?

Combo is in my signature.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I run 650-700rwhp with a .68ar housing. Don't waste your time just swapping the housing though, just get a billet wheel turbo and pick up 1000-1500rpms in spool time and an almost non-exsistent boost threshold. It will make your old turbo feel slow as ####, literaly a night and day difference.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run 650-700rwhp with a .68ar housing. Don't waste your time just swapping the housing though, just get a billet wheel turbo and pick up 1000-1500rpms in spool time and an almost non-exsistent boost threshold. It will make your old turbo feel slow as ####, literaly a night and day difference.
In a perfect world where money is no object that would be the way to go. However, $165 for an exhaust housing is a whole lot less money than a $1200 turbo.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You will pick up 100-200 rpm of spool tops shifting the turbine housing size down it has very little to do with actual spool time and boost threshold, you would be throwing away your money. Ask me how I know lol, I bought a .96, .81 and .68ar and tested them all on the dyno on my old precision turbo. They all made the same peak power and tq only difference being about 50-100 rpm difference in peak boost on the boost graphs. You can richen you a/f ratio down low and pick up that much spool for free. $1200 is cheap for a bb billet turbo. You can always stay journal to save money as well and get the same performance. Then sell the current turbo. If you are looking for better performance and spool its the only way to go. I wasted money on 3 different turbos with different compressor cover sizes and turbine housing sizes etc before switching to a billet compresor and being completey blown away by the performance difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts