Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think anyon here realy know I have a turboed vehicle. I figured it was time since I finally got the fuel curves corrected. It a 67 mustang with a blo thru setup.308 with AFR 185's.T-70 Mp turbo blowing thru 2.75 turbo coupe intercoolers and into a homebuilt 650.I took out the X-cam and put in a F-cam. When the car had a kit on it it went 7.1 with a 100 shot @94.55 I am not quite completely setup for a turbo, but wanted to make pases anyways. I took out the 4.11's and spool to replace them with 3.25's. In the mean time I put in the in the stock pig I got with the rear end.2.75's, open diff. Needless to say the stall didn't like it. It's a 3500 in a homebuilt C-4. I don't know where I was shifting. I still can't get the tach to work. I think I was short shifting pretty bad in first. i can't hear anything though. I have to wear ear plugs right now cause the exhuast doesn't come out from under the car yet. Apparently it is very quite, just not to me. But I knew once i got into 2nd, I could finish in 2nd without over revving. I probably shoulda been in 2nd just before the finish(1/8mi only) I'll have 3.25's with my spool and a tach next time.
Nailed a 96.98 twice. I bumped the timing up from 20 to 22 total. And gained that MPH from 96.3. Was in the 7.3's all night.The Et's were a little dissapointing, but what can I expect with those gear. Best 60ft was 1.78. I couldn't really build any boost. Not yet. But it was at 0. No boost, no vacuum.For some reason I MAY NOT post attachments here. :confused:

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I know you have a turbo car ;)
How do those ETs compare to 1/4 mile? mph seems good.
So were you making 8 psi?
Can't post attachments directly here except in classifieds for some reason. Need to link them from photopost or somewhere else.
Erich

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it's 8psi. The tial is set for 7.8psi. The calulator says 11.4 with the ET. But with the 7.1 on the 100 shot, it's 11.1. But the nitrous had a much lower MPH. The calculator doesn't take in account the MPH on that one. So i don't know, but I think she could go faster than 11.4.. But the gears wil be in hopefully this week. And the ET will drop.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Sounds good. That 67 must look cool ripping down the track.
Erich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts