Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i made a few changes to my car this winter. Im mainly wondering if the spool i swapped to is going to help my 60ft times. Best 60 i had before was a 1.71(on a stock rear with solid bushings and 3.73s)

Swapped to a spool(same 3.73 gear)
Ford big ends
35 spline axles
Team z full brace kit
Swapped to MT et R bias plys(had m&h racmasters)

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
To many variables in play. Test done on same track, same day, same conditions would be the only real way to know. Or, after running the car on several weekends there is a measurable improvement, then one could say that the change was responsible for the improvement. Either way, you now have a much stronger rear differential, and that is a good thing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not looking for any numbers or a guesstimate on improvement. Im just wondering if people that have gone to a spool have seen improvements. My thought is that having clutch packs will let one tire not put all the power down and have the other possibly slip. So, going to a spool will positively even the load. Posibly improving my 60ft times.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hooking is hooking. If you are hooking now, a spool shouldn’t make it noticeably faster. It will just make it stronger.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I never saw any improvement going to a full spool from a LSD carrier. Only time there was any improvement with rear end changes was when I went from a 9" cast iron pig with steel spool to an aluminum pig and aluminum spool-which resulted in a loss of about 35 lbs or so. That showed up on the time slip although not a whole lot. Sure makes it easier to pull the pig though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the info guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts