Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking my 60' times.

I consistently cut 1.83 60' times and am just seeing if I am leaving anything on the table or if its mod time.
The car will go low 1.6s if I leave on the bottle so I am thinking it might be weight loss and power time.

Car is 3280# race weight
5 spd
Mickey Thompson DR 14.5-15psi
Suspension is Ford drag Launch springs
Lakewood 90/10 Struts 50/50 shocks
HPM Mega bite upper and lowers
Spooled with 4.10s

Burnout I spin the tires in 2nd gear until I get 3sec of smoke, then roll it out.
4500rpm and dumping the clutch the car hooks
4800rpm knocks the tires off
4000rpm bogs

·
Registered
676 Posts
In the most generic of terms, launching a stick car on DR’s is tough sledding. You did not mention your HP, tire size of the DR’s, size of shot, etc. if the info in your sig is NA, that’s a pretty reasonable ET for the MPH. So with not much info, I would guess if you switched to a stiffwall slick you would pick up a couple tenths on 60’, and of course about double that # on the big end.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the most generic of terms, launching a stick car on DR’s is tough sledding. You did not mention your HP, tire size of the DR’s, size of shot, etc. if the info in your sig is NA, that’s a pretty reasonable ET for the MPH. So with not much info, I would guess if you switched to a stiffwall slick you would pick up a couple tenths on 60’, and of course about double that # on the big end.
Rears are 275/60 15s on 10" welds.
with a 410 gear.
I am not sure on HP never dynoed the car.
I am hitting it with 125hp shot on a WOT switch.
I know a slick and an auto would make life easier but I usually make things harder on my self.

Any suggestions on stiff wall slicks and sizes?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HP calculator puts the power between 275 and 300hp, based on weight ET and MPH.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You can’t go wrong with the Hoosier part #18115. 26.0/ 8.5x15. They call it a 8.5 but it’s a 9” tread. Stiffwall. I run it with no tubes and on a 10” wheel. Mine was a stick car as well, T56 with 5th and 6th removed, and launched at 6K. Awesome tire, not leakers, and very good for dialing in just the right amount of wheel spin on launch with tire pressure adjustments. This winter I’m putting in a C4 to bracket race so we shall see if they work well with the auto.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will see about getting those tires, a 26" tire might help with with the reduced height and give the gears more advantage. With the the 275/60 tire i am only turning 5000 rpms at the light.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You can’t go wrong with the Hoosier part #18115. 26.0/ 8.5x15. They call it a 8.5 but it’s a 9” tread. Stiffwall. I run it with no tubes and on a 10” wheel. Mine was a stick car as well, T56 with 5th and 6th removed, and launched at 6K. Awesome tire, not leakers, and very good for dialing in just the right amount of wheel spin on launch with tire pressure adjustments. This winter I’m putting in a C4 to bracket race so we shall see if they work well with the auto.
Curious if you are granny shifting or powershifting? Nice 60 ft!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been still learning the the new trans so its 50/50 power vs granny shifting. I just put in a Pro 5.0 shifter and and Hurst handle to help grab 3rd better. Next trip out will be working on hitting those power shifts each run.

·
Registered
161 Posts
dont forget a driveshaft loop if using slicks

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
x2 on this tire. I run it too, on an 8" rim. Best 60' is 1.41. Typical is 1.45-1.46. I'm at 3,500 lbs.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
No. I run megabite Jr lowers at the 135 setting (lower hole).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts