Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that MPS down in Georgia is selling a 6" pin on hood. Would this be too big on a strip/street stang? I think it would be light weight and bad:evil: Any thoughts?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Would this be too big on a strip/street stang?
Other then they are a pain to take off in the wind. I never cared for them on the street. Have you looked at Harwoods. They have a cowl hood that looks like a 6" thats a bolt on. It says its a 4" but a guy in Houston has one and it looks bigger. I have been thinking about that one. Just my.02.

Bud

·
Registered
860 Posts
A 6" hood would get annoying after a while on the street.You can't see things that are right down in front of your car and you have to look around your hood when anything comes close to your car. I have actually seen people hanging their head out the window just to manuver(sp?) into a tight spot. It cuts visablitity way down. But hey.. you can look at your engine while your driving down the road and see your headlights from the inside while driving at night. If I were running that big of a hood. I would need to have a serious motor to back it up. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I have a 4.5" hood and it's huge, a 6" would be so big you would never be able to see around it without cutting a whole in the center or something. Here is what mine looks like...

Bill

·
Registered
398 Posts
Kaenan is the company that makes the MPS hoods. They also make the Steeda R and the Saleen Heat extractor. Ask RavenGT to post apic of his car. The quality of the hood is beautiful.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
My hood is also made by Kaenen...top notch quality.

Bill

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
94sssnake said:
Kaenan is the company that makes the MPS hoods. They also make the Steeda R and the Saleen Heat extractor. Ask RavenGT to post apic of his car. The quality of the hood is beautiful.
Ask, and you shall receive...

Kaenen makes great stuff. Get it if ya can...

joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts