Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#5558 which was the Mustang that did most of the stunt and driving in the movie was said to be "destroyed" years ago. I guess that can be a bit of a subjective term. Destroyed as in crushed, shredded or just damage to what at the time meant totaled? Who knows? But this body shop owner bought a 68 Mustang in poor shape for what I understand to be $50, I don't have FB. It sounds like the guy send the VIN off the Kevin Marti for poops and giggles to see what options the car came with. Kevin Marti is well aware of the missing Bullitt Mustang's VIN for a long time. He has flown to Mexico and has examined the car pretty thoroughly checking for date codes. This Mustang does have holes cut in the wheel houses like the movie car for the trunk mounted generator for the cameras as well as some funky wiring and relays. From what I can tell it's sounding promising. Here's a link to the story on VMF by one of the members in Mexico who's a friend of the current owner. What was thought to be lost is now found... - Vintage Mustang Forums

1 - 1 of 1 Posts