Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I maxed out my 60's befor my stock rails and lines. SN95 stuff but I didnt think the 60's would max first. Im using a 255 intank and a Trex inline. about 50psi base fuel psi.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a Stealth 340lph from my old setup if you need. It just came back from Aeromotive flow tested. I just decided to go sump and dual 392's so I can go E85 later.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My car made 522 with stock lines and fuel rails. 60lb injectors, 255 in tank pump with a Kenne bell boost a pump AFR around 10.8 on the dyno. I dont think the BAP was really even necessary just a piece of mind. My tuner told me the stock lines and rails are good for about 650hp...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
The stock lines and rails are good to roughly 775 fwhp. Some can make more, but I highly suggest considering an upgrade.

You guys remember, high fuel pressure will make more power (atomization) but can be questionable and unstable if too high.

A fuel pump will flow more, at lower pressure.......but injectors will support more with higher pressure.

If you find yourself with not enough pump, but large injectors....you can lower the base FP down substanitally to support more power. If you find yourself with enough fuel pump, but not enough injector....raise the pressure. (reasonable amounts...dont go less than 20 psi FP....or higher than 55-60 on boosted apps...base)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
It's not worth risking a motor, don't skimp on fuel. 500-550rw is pushing it on stock lines/rails!
I agree.

On a side note; there really is not a lot of risk involved. The good thing about rails and lines is, they either support it or they don't.

I am a firm believer in upgrading past 600 rwhp, but I think it may be the "modding" side of me...as I tend to enjoy building these days more than actually racing and driving. It's weird, I know. Stupid addictions...

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Not talking to ModSpeed so this thread isnt ruined....simply stating my opin since normally no one can speak or say something that isn't what he thinks..

A risk imop is leaning your motor out. Could be very bad!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I still have stock fuel lines, once have some more funds will do return style. For now I have twin gt supercar pumps, kb bap 40 amps, 60lb injector ,edelbrock fuel rails made 687rwhp and 677 torque with tr3650. Now with auto made 614 and 485 torque but with boost leak. Sometime soon to get dyno and see how much i'm making now.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Fox and SN rails are slightly different, but will still handle a ton of power.

Thanks for chiming in, your set-up and power does not surprise me one bit (fuel system)

·
Registered
52 Posts
running e85 made 485 rwhp and 570 rwtq, 255 in tank walbro and BAP, stock lines and rails 75# injectors.

·
Registered
804 Posts
no more than 525-550 at the wheels with fox style lines. Increasing fuel pressure too high is the ghetto way of make more power, not really safe.

Just save up some dough and by a complete fuel system, don't cheap out it'll cost you a motor if you do.

·
Registered
804 Posts
also not with your mods, according to your sig that is. imo

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Many tuners feel cranking fp is a bandaide for a fuel system that isn't up to snuff, other tuners will crank it and let her eat. I have seen guys with 42's running 55+ base psi of pressure, I'm not a fan of that and have always ran enough injector to keep my fp around 39ish. For me that's what I'm comfortable with.

Diff strokes for diff folks.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Good on you all for making those number with stock rails and lines.

Get it wrong and it will look like a little crazy man with a plasma cutter crawled into your cylinders.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts