Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be ordering a s&w 8 point this week($30 until the end of the month btw) so I will need to look into a harness. After looking on summit I saw that there were a few different types to get. As for latch style the camlock looks nice even though it is a bit more. Any comments on regular latch vs camlocks? How about for mounting? Looks like most of the ones I have looked at need some sort of mounting tabs welded to the crossbar for seperate mounting of the shoulder belts. UPR makes a mount for a crotch strap that Iam sure I could just make myself and weld a plate to the floor to mount it on. As for the lap belts can they go in the stock mounting locations? Will be using all grade 8 hardware of course. Pictures would be very helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Stock mounting works for the lap. The shoulders can be done without tabs too. Pic included. I used a eyelit bolt throught the floor with welded plates for the crotch mount.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I had the tabs welded for the shoulder belts, the crotch one I bought from Holcomb, and the lap belts I used the stock location where they bolted.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Cam lock costs a little more, but is much easier/faster to get in and out of.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I set mine up as a wraparound for the shoulder belts. Stock mounting for the laps and I fabbed a crotch mount. I'm OK with the latch style. It's fast enough that I can hook up when I'm the second car back.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think I decided to go with a g force camlock style 5 point. Is the wrap around style the same thing as hookandladder's setup?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would go with an RCI camlock, it comes with a free re-certification card, so in 3 years you send them back to get recertified - for free. Also, I will give you a heads up on the crotch strap, I was using a Wolfe piece that bolts to the front 2 seat bolts.....and that will no longer pass tech (or most I should say). It must mount behind the chest "centerline" to be legal. I ended up welding a seat belt tab on the back of my holcomb bracket and all is good.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would go with an RCI camlock, it comes with a free re-certification card, so in 3 years you send them back to get recertified - for free. Also, I will give you a heads up on the crotch strap, I was using a Wolfe piece that bolts to the front 2 seat bolts.....and that will no longer pass tech (or most I should say). It must mount behind the chest "centerline" to be legal. I ended up welding a seat belt tab on the back of my holcomb bracket and all is good.
Wow, didnt know that. Deff worth the extra $10 the rci's cost over the g force. Thanks for the heads up on the crotch belt too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts