Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased all of the parts needed (except for brake pads) to convert my 1993 fox to 5-lug and 4-wheel discs, and am not going to be able to do the swap. So I am looking to either sell the complete package (preferrable), or will sell the parts separately if I have to.

I will list everything purchased, what it cost, and where it was purchased from. I believe I still have receipts for everything from the individual companies. I will edit with anything left out.

- 1994-1995 spindles from Mustang Parts Specialties (used). These are the '94-'95 spindles, NOT the '96+ spindles. They were more expensive (by $100) than the 96 + spindles. - my cost $250 pr.

- 1994-1995 GT calipers from Mustang Parts Specialities (used). - my cost $90 pr.

- 5-lug cross-drilled and slotted GT-sized rotors from Ebay (88Rotors cross-drilled/slotted '94-'04, excluding Cobra) - my cost $140

- 5-lug fox-lenght rear end conversion kit from North Race Cars (northcobras.com or northracecars.com) - (the non-Cobra version listed on their site for $749). I did not purchase their rear rotors, as I bought cross-drilled and slotted rotors for both front and rear. The kit does come with the E-brake cables and the hardened 28-spline axles - my cost $749

I did not purchase a new master cylinder or proportioning valve. I was hoping to get away with the factory stuff for now, since I didn't go with the Cobra calipers. So I do not have a MC or booster or prop-valve.

I also purchased a set of 5-lug anthracite 17X8 reproduction Bullit wheels and tires - mounted and balanced - that have never been mounted that I would consider selling with the package, or separately.

So, in all, I have absolutely everything I needed to do the 5-lug swap, except that I hadn't bought brake pads yet (was going to buy some Hawks, but was waiting until we got started on the conversion). I am no longer doing this conversion, so I'm looking to make someone a deal to get these parts out of my dining room!

In all, without the wheels, this set-up cost me $1,229, not including shipping. I'm taking offers for the whole set-up, or pieced out (would prefer all together though). I've already done all of the leg-work on tracking this stuff down. I'm not looking to give the stuff away, as it's all still in the box brand new (save for the spindles and front calipers, as they were used from Mustang Parts Specialties). But I am willing to make someone a good deal on setting up their fox-body with 5-lug wheels and four-wheel discs.

You can PM me here, or you can email me at [email protected].

I am located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Zip code 74119.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Dibs.

Shoot me a price on axle flange brackets, brake hoses, and installation hardware kit. Do you have the e brake cables as well? Also may be interested in the rear rotors, depending on the brand.

PM'ed you.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm surprised I've not had more interest than this. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my original post.

I have EVERYTHING (except brake pads) for a complete, FRONT and BACK, 5 lug, 4 wheel disc conversion to 94+ GT+ specs.

I have:

Front:

2 cross-drilled and slotted GT-spec rotors (new)
'94-'95 front spindles (keeps acurate track width...paid extra to get the '94/'95-spec spindles instead of the '96+, used from Mustang Parts Specialties)
2 front GT spec calipers with soft lines

REAR:

(full kit from North Race Cars without their rotors...chose to buy cross-drilled and slotted rotors instead)
2 GT spec cross-drilled and slotted rotors (new)
'93 E-brake cables (new)
Hardened, Fox-length axles from North Race Cars which are 20% stronger than stock with new studs installed (www.northcobras.com) (new)
GT-spec rear calipers (new)
New hoses, axle flange brackets, and all hardware to install (all new)

The only thing missing to change to 5-lug, 4-wheel disc is the brake pads. I was going to buy Hawk pads, but chose to wait until we were putting it on the car. Things changed, and I can no longer use this stuff ( :( ) , so I'm looking to get a bit out of what I have in it.

All of these parts are still in the box brand new, and have not been used by me. The only exception are the two front spindles and calipers, which I bought from Mustang Parts Specialities (they're a national bone yard). Those parts are still in the box as shipped to me. Nothing was ever touched...the boxes were only opened to insure all items were shipped.

As I said, in all, I have spent $1229 in all of these parts, not including shipping. I'm looking to move it all, and would make a good deal to someone else looking to do the 5-lug 4-wheel disc swap, as these are all of the parts that anyone doing the job right would want. I will separate if neccessary, but if I can't get back some quick coin on it, I'll just keep the majority and do the swap later. My fiance just had some emergency medical stuff come up that we need to cover

Make some offers! I've seen a couple other listings on here that have similar parts, and interest in those parts. I have ALL of those parts, plus the other missing stuff to do the complete job. I will separate if enough of the expensive stuff moves...just don't want to get nickle and dimed to death on the shipping.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's something I've been trying to determine: the value of the North Race Cars kit without the rear axles. 5.0calypso went out of his way to list some prices for me for some of the parts individually, and the prices he listed seemed to jive a good bit with the kit from NRC.

I will have to get back to you tomorrow on what is a fair deal for the items sans axles. I'm thinking that's actually the route I'm wanting to take at this point, and if so, Mr. Calypso will have first dibs, so long as we can work out a price (his was a bit under what I'm looking for at this point). I will speak with my tech guy tomorrow to see if he wants to still swap to 5-lug but with drums (if I can talk him into the work without going to 4-wheel discs). If so, I'll likely be willing to sell it in that set-up. I will update here if the rear stuff will be split up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts