Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the start of my build. Pics will be posted as I get them uploaded.

5.4 DOHC
Built shortblock mahler flat tops, Manley h beams With arp 2000 rod bolts, forged crank, h bearings, all arp hardware. Navigator heads cleaned up and gone through with Sean hyland dual race valve springs and retainers with 03/04 Cobra Cams
Sullivan Intake single blade accufab
Electric water pump
Sfi balancer
New tensioner and idler pulley
All brand new sensors and timing equipment
Moroso 7 qt aluminum pan
All covers powdercoated red, black (timing cover)
Fluidyne Radiator
SPAL electric fan

Brakes

Phils abs delete block
Aerospace engineering manual booster
New rotors and pads all the way around with painted red calipers

Suspension

Qa1 tubular k member
Eibach drag springs
QA1 adjustables in front
Qa1 adjustables out back
Full length sub frame connectors
UPR pro series suspension (double adjustables) with anti roll bar
No sway bars

Steering

Flaming River Manual Rack with Manual Steering Shaft

Wheels/tires

Matte Black Bullitts 315/35/17s out back

Transmission

PA supercomp C4
Sfi bell and flex
TCI pro x converter flashes at 4000 on the brake
Aluminum driveshaft with safety loop
Deep trans pan
Locking dipstick
Ratchet shifter underneath stock boot

Interior

Rear seat delete
SOS gauge pod
Electric oil pressure fuel pressure and trans temp, boost
AEM wideband

Exterior

3 inch cowl hood
Tinted
03/04 Cobra Front

Rear end

3.73 gears
31 spline strange axles with c clip eliminators
31 spline eaton trak-lok
Ta rear girdle

Fuel

Magnafuel Fuel Pump
80 lb injectors
Sullivan Rails
Return line system

Turbo Setup

Precision HP76GTS Billet Wheel 1.00 a/r
Tial 50mm BOV
Precision 46mm Wastegate
31 x 13 x 4 CX Racing Intercooler

Going for 1000 rwhp!

PICS AS PROMISED....

Complete Custom Kit made by Executive Performance in Merriam Kansas

·
Registered
932 Posts
Your wastegate looks like it is mounted vertical . I have 50mm progate and the instruction said that was worst ways to install because of exhaust flow.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Love it. Good work..

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy building it has 20 years of building turbo cars and the wastegate is horizontal actually with the dump tube facing the back of the hotside. Its a pretty trick setup.

Your wastegate looks like it is mounted vertical . I have 50mm progate and the instruction said that was worst ways to install because of exhaust flow.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thats pretty sweet. I think with all the air that engine can flow, that 76 is going to tap out pretty quick. Probably reach your power goal tho

Keep diggin!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it may. I am going to upgrade to an 88 next year along with a TH400 and cams but wanting to get it together by the end of the month and try to enjoy it before it starts snowing. Progress is being made.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Thats pretty sweet. I think with all the air that engine can flow, that 76 is going to tap out pretty quick. Probably reach your power goal tho

Keep diggin!
There are guys running 5.4s with smaller turbos than that. They aren't making 1000 hp, but they're putting up decent numbers. I plan to use a 76 to reach my goal of 700 hp. My longblock is almost identical to this one except I'm using I beams so I don't know that I'll be able to push it as hard as others are doing. I'll use H beams next time and up the boost.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As long as you have Billet I beams your going to hold more boost. None of my hard parts are going to break under the boost Im running. Turbo cars out of all types of boost are the easiest on hard parts.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
As long as you have Billet I beams your going to hold more boost. None of my hard parts are going to break under the boost Im running. Turbo cars out of all types of boost are the easiest on hard parts.
I'm just afraid the I beams won't be as durable as H. They're also just forged not billet. The 4.6 version is rated for 500 hp, but I could get that without boost if I wanted so I don't know how hard I can push them. I'm sure I'll find out. Next block will be a 351 big bore with more head work and bigger cams.

To get the most out of this one I'm going to run e85 or meth injection to keep temps down.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Manley Billet I Beams? They are 1500hp rated.

There are guys running 5.4s with smaller turbos than that. They aren't making 1000 hp, but they're putting up decent numbers. I plan to use a 76 to reach my goal of 700 hp. My longblock is almost identical to this one except I'm using I beams so I don't know that I'll be able to push it as hard as others are doing. I'll use H beams next time and up the boost.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm building a pretty similar setup now. Keep the thread updated, I book marked it. Lol. I have a 5.4 4v, P&P Navi heads, Sullivan intake, 96 Cobra cams, and doing a single 76mm as well. Waiting on pistons now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm jealous of you yanks, our 5.4 falcons only have like 4 inches between our fan shroud and water pump pulley, so not turbo routing for us there. we got next to transmission of behind the headlights with battery relocation like this one

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Any update? This build looks amazing!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New PICS

Had to modify the y pipe as there were issues with the exhaust manifolds. Everything is coated. The valve covers are going out to get gloss torch red paint thrown on them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Are you using stock manifold that are flipped or custom headers?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a navigator drivers side and cobra passenger side manifold.

The car doesn't have hydro boost. It's an aerospace engineering manual booster.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts