Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
authorized corral.net advertisers
17,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MMR is proud to release its new 5.4 Intake adapters to allow the use of ANY coyote manifold on a 5.4 DOHC using either 03/04 Cobra heads, Nvaigator Heads or GT500/Ford GT heads. Simple bolt on hardware will be included! We have also released the MMR throttle body adapter so that you can bolt on a cable activated throttle body from either a 87-93 Mustang GT or a 96-04 Mustang GT.

From our site:

MMR Adapter Plates for 5.4 DOHC to Coyote intake manifolds.
These Simple adapters allow the use of ANY Coyote Manifold on a 5.4 with 4V engine/heads. Works with 03/04 Cobra heads, Navigator heads and Ford GT/GT500 heads . Works with MMR Road Runner, Boss, Ford Racing Cobra Jet etc. manifolds. 100% CNC machined, USA made 1/2 inch 6061 Billet aluminum. Includes hardware. See MMR Part # 444841 adapter to use round style cable actuated throttle body.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That suckers looks tall. Whats the height on a combo like that compared to a sullivan or 99/01 cobra intake with adapters or say a widened 96 cobra intake? That could be worth an upgrade to C style heads from the B's.

·
17,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will post some pics of the ports in just a moment!

·
17,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Below are the ports with the adapter , the Navi and GT 500/Ford GT are great, for the 03/04 Cobra port we do suggest port matching.

From top to bottom, GT 500/Ford GT , Navigator, Cobra

·
Registered
668 Posts
Of course, find attached:
That looks pretty darn good! Navi and GT head users surely get a bolt on bang for the buck.

I'm interested too on how the adapters are sealed to the head. No o-ring provision is milled from the posted pics.

I'm ready to give a set a try.....waiting for the reply :)

·
17,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The MMR adapters work with both the Navi gasket (on the 03/4 Cobra heads and Navi heads) or Silicone. Since the plates bolt down first it is easy to do a thin layer of silicone if someone did not want to purchase gaskets. And the silicone is very suitable as a gasket, both the MMR Pro Mod and Outlaw GT500 use silicone to seal the entire manifold to the cylinder head with boost up to 50 lbs.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I must say that this product sounds great! I didn't even know these adapters exist until after I stumbled upon it while doing a search on 4.6 4v with Navigator heads. My first thought when I saw the adapters on MMR site was that these would work with the 4.6, Navi Heads, with Boss intake. I soon realized that wasnt the case. However, this is still good news!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone ever used these adaptors to mount a coyote supercharger to a 5.4 4V Navi motor? I can't seem to find a good SC option for the Navi motor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts