Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
This will go one of 2 ways. Either you know what you are getting into and why and it'll be cool. Or, you just think that 4V and bigger displacement=best possible modular in which case it'll go south fast. Hopefully its the first.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, been crazy busy.... Heres a update, ill try to start fro. The beginning.

This project car started out with intent to just get a cammed 4.6 2v and be a nice cruiser. That all went south fairly quick as i realized how much of a #### box this car was, the last owner failed to inform me of a buttload of hidden issues. At the end of the day i have to take fault for not looking the car over better.

Day i picked the car up.....then through the finding and repairing stages

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interior was in horrible shape, previous owner's looked to have smoked in the car its entire life. Ended up gutting the whole entire interior and steam cleaning and replacing. Then i decided i really wanted the cobra glow gauges BUT didnt want them to say SVT, since this obvioisly isn't a ACTUAL Cobra, so i spent a lot of time finding the correct set.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow, this is a cool project. I know this swap is not easy, but it does look like you know what you're getting into. Good luck and keep us posted, really want to see how you like the final product.

Car looks great btw!

Those cobra seats looks almost brand new. Wonder how you scored such a clean set.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, previous owner also did not let me know the trunk was starting to rust, so I had to spend a day cutting the damage out, repairing and re-coating the area

While i was there, i went ahead and restored the trunk compartment as well. Added a covered deck up top and also a hidden LED strip to see easier at night.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Time to fetch a motor to start with......wish i woulda known before i spent 8hrs pulling it at a junkyard that the motor was trashed. Luckily i got a block and forged crank out of the deal

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right before test fitment......

But first, to ditch the stock k-member and throw in a AJE tubular with 1/2" spacers

·
Registered
16 Posts
That engine bay looks clean in black; I've thought about doing it, but had never seen examples. Whenever I have a reason to pull the engine, that's going to happen (my car needs paint anyway). How did your test fit go?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Smart going with the aftermarket k member. 1/2 spacers are needed because the hydro boost will hit the valve cover. I wish I’d taken the time and clocked the hydro boost they did it on the cobra r. I used 1” spacers. I dropped it in from the top with a stock kmember. It sucked, the aftermarket one should be easier but watch the heater core it’s close to the head. The headers fit but they hit the floor at the rear where the flange is. Hammer will fix It ,but be ready for it. The steering shaft is super close almost hitting close. I put solid motor mounts feel 90-95% shure it won’t be a problem but if your using stock mounts don’t know. I have bbk longtubes with a dent In them where the shaft is.It’s amasses me how close it is but still doesn’t hit. Get shorty headed so you can turn them around one day and turbo this beast.. I cut the h pipe and widened it little less the a inch.
Good luck man,

it’s possible. I got a bastard year mustang and it’s running good with the 5.4

·
Registered
575 Posts
This looks really nice! I'm having a hard time reconciling someone who can do such nice work with someone missed everything when you bought the car.. but nice. Would you have a link or at least the nomenclature for that spoiler? Thank you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts