Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after much thought and going back and forth.. I'm putting a turbo 5.3 in my 98 gt. Built rear end already, getting the 5.3 with 80k miles this weekend. Swapping to a tube k member while I'm there, but I have a few odds and ends questions.
Solid motor mounts or another type?
Should I use the stock truck heads or get different heads?
Auto or manual? I hate losing my man pedal, but I know a built auto would be quicker.
What should I do with the steering and brakes or should I leave them alone?
Using arp rod bolts and head studs.. Anything else I should do while it's out?
And what kind of badge should I get?!
Thanks guys

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well goals are really just to have a quick street car. I want a cross between clean and functional. Mid to high tens, on a budget, and be able to pop the hood at the local meet every Saturday. So plans were a junkyard 5.3 with a cx racing turbo for now. Quarter mile times will come later with this setup..

·
Registered
286 Posts
do the ls7/9 head gaskets, id do an auto with a ptc converter. There are plenty of local guys to have build a tranny for ya. Also Hooken Chassis Racecars can build you a kmember set up for an ls if you dont have one yet. not an ls guy myself but am friends with a few fast ls guys in kc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do the ls7/9 head gaskets, id do an auto with a ptc converter. There are plenty of local guys to have build a tranny for ya. Also Hooken Chassis Racecars can build you a kmember set up for an ls if you dont have one yet. not an ls guy myself but am friends with a few fast ls guys in kc.
I got a price quote from hooken for a k member, really good price. As for the auto, I was thinking about building a th400 (I build trannys for a living). Know any mustang guys around here with LS swaps? Btw, go to any meets or shows here locally? Need to find some more local mustang guys lol

·
Registered
286 Posts
I got a price quote from hooken for a k member, really good price. As for the auto, I was thinking about building a th400 (I build trannys for a living). Know any mustang guys around here with LS swaps? Btw, go to any meets or shows here locally? Need to find some more local mustang guys lol
Skinnies and I do the Mustang Fbody meet every year. We paid out $4,000 to the heads up winner. He has a low 8 sec ls fox. im friends with a few ls swapped mustangs, most are either turbo or nitrous guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts