Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I look, the less I understand. I need Ideas for a good, easy breather system for my 4V turbo car. It is all I need to do before I take it to get tuned.

1: I was think just 2 larger 3inch breathers in the rear of the valve covers, vent to atmosphere. The adding a 3rd to the oil fill spot.

2: Running the same as above but with the rears Teed into the exhaust.
Will there be enough suction to keep the crank case from being under PSI?
Will I suck a lot of oil out?

3: Run a dual PVC system with a check valve for each direction. One to the intake air tube that will allow it to be drawn under vacuum but close under boost, and another that allows it to escape the valve cover under boost, but seals under vacuum to allow the motor to draw in to vacuum.

Any help would be great. Any pics would be even better.
Right now I have 2 small breathers in the rear only. After a pull from the low side of 3rd to the top side of 4th i get smoke on de acceleration. I get no smoke at any other time. Start up, idle, normal driving, 2nd gear pulls, 3rd gear pulls. Only on the long runs. I think the crank case is becoming under PSI and the turbo can not drain into the pan. The build is fresh and the valve seals are new.

What do you think?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tig an 'AN' fitting to one of your valve covers and run a line to a breather tank , moroso makes some really nice ones

1 - 3 of 3 Posts