Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else out there other than modularspeed do a 4vff kit? If so how was install/fitment would you recomend it? Getting ready to do a turbo setup on my 04 cobra finally

·
Registered
456 Posts
Im doing one right now on my 97 cobra. Every thing looks good so far. Im waitning on a few parts and the fuel system from GP. Going on 3 weeks now.
I would have go the larger intercooler for the extra $100.00 if I would have know about it at the time.
I sold the on3 turbo and got a turbonetices. We will see in a week or so I hope.
Chad has been helpful with everything.
Also got the cooling mod.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I probably will do the 4" intercooler with the bb76 with billet wheel just looking for some real feedback before wendsday when i order

·
Registered
549 Posts
I done one about a year ago great fittment and I did do the race intercooler and also get the gaskets and some better v-bands and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yea rps clams and obx gaskets for sure. Anyone use on 3's ool filter relocation with there billet block plate the $120 upgrade

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yea I got the stuff myself though I got the moroso plate and a billet canton oil filter adapter a much better piece than that cast aluminum one, that plate gives you a lot more clearance

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Yes, I just finished mine (squeezing in working on it last few months with work lol). Mine fit PERFECTLY. I run a PA Racing k-member setup and it all went well.

My only gripe is how close the turbo is to the radiator fan. But my car is a mutt (GT with a 4V) so its to be expected that not all is perfect.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I just finished mine (squeezing in working on it last few months with work lol). Mine fit PERFECTLY. I run a PA Racing k-member setup and it all went well.

My only gripe is how close the turbo is to the radiator fan. But my car is a mutt (GT with a 4V) so its to be expected that not all is perfect.
are you running there custom oil filter relocation kit? what turbo are you running?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Running the standard Jegs Oil Filter relocation that came with it. I dont need some fancy billet piece if the standard OFR kit will work just fine. Only thing I will upgrade is to AN line down the road for longetivity.

The standard On3 70mm turbo.

I upgraded my WG's and BOV to Tial units right off the bat, never even opened the On3 stuff. Turbo will be a Precision next year.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I upgraded to the canton adapter because the one that came with the kit always leaked I had my engine guy look at and the thread for the filter was tapped crooked in the housing so thats why i switched just seemed cheap to me just my 2 cents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts