Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to see if anyone has run a 47-88 with a 4valve 284 ci motor trying to see where others are seeing boost and and how much boost ur running and what power ur making if anyone has any any info it would be helpful thanks vito

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
the supras are running 47's on there little 6cyl's, but they're reving them up to 8 grand i would imagine and they're prolly very lazy down low

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi box im spraying it into boost when racing but it looks like no one has done a setup like mine i wanted to know for just driving on the street but ill know soon enough u better be ready ,half throttle is done

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hi box im spraying it into boost when racing but it looks like no one has done a setup like mine i wanted to know for just driving on the street but ill know soon enough u better be ready ,half throttle is done
dr lee has a gt47 on his 331 motor, full spool at 4500 or so maybe a little more when I rode in the car. Your car will most likely spool up around 5k maybe a little more. What exhaust housing are you going with?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
and isnt joe running big single on his cobra this year? if so u should ask him i know you know him pretty well.

·
Registered
484 Posts
check out "buster" on modularfords.com he's tried every 80-88mm out there pretty much! I've got a S480 BW unit on mine as well. a bit smaller than the 47-88, but once that #### box is maxxed it'll be a EZ Billet 94mm lol

everythings possible with nitrous on the spool up!

·
Registered
675 Posts
dr lee has a gt47 on his 331 motor, full spool at 4500 or so maybe a little more when I rode in the car. Your car will most likely spool up around 5k maybe a little more. What exhaust housing are you going with?
well, not quite full spool at 4500, but i think with CO2 on my WG it will be much better. Last track outing the data logs showed the following: (I was on the trans brake till 4000)
3500 3.7 psi
4000 7.0
4500 11.2
5000 13.6
5500 17.0
6000 19.7
6500 21.0
7000 20.5

This was with and electronic boost controller that wasnt working right that i put a bit of co2 on top of but it didnt really seem to make much difference. I think with the AMS-500 and CO2, I will be able to spool up faster. I do have some nitrous that I was planning to test out this weekend. Currently I have a 60 shot hooked up. Also, I have a very tight stall too. about 3000 stall. ( I drive the car on the street alot and dont want the trans heating up) Additionally, I have a 1.23 A/R turbine housing. very big for my 336ci. ( got a good deal on the turbo) anyway- ran 9.1 @151 with a 1.48 60ft. made 850rwhp at 20 psi on dyno-- I plan to run 25-27 psi next time out and see what it does. :eeek:

·
Registered
675 Posts
the .96 housing is a must-- i think thats worth 300-400 rpm over mine . the nitrous will make a huge difference. Use a pressure switch to control the nitrous power wire and you ready to go!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts