Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding my DSS pro bullet 410"w over the winter. Right now I'm running tfs 205cnc heads, N91 cam, 10.5:1 compression, tfs box r intake, 90mm t/b, 90mm maf, stock computer sct chip etc.

I know I need to buy lower compression pistons and I'm gonna order a FTI custom turbo cam. My question is can you guys help me with turbo build. What company, (hellion, on3, B&G, pony down etc) what size turbo, piping etc.

Thank you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would leave the compression as is, or run a little thicker head gasket, a little higher static compression will help it spool quicker and be more fun to drive on the street. If you are going to have a custom cam ground, any cam grinder that knows what he is doing will ask your compression and take that into account.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. So I will be fine on 93 octane or will I need meth injection? Anyone recommend quality turbo system for 351w based block?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is it best if I fabricate my own kit with a t6 s480?
What do I look for in a kit just hot side, cold side and inter cooler? Stainless steel piping best? Who sell best parts or kits?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Depends on your goals. With the meth or e85 an intercooler is not mandatory.

I am sure that BG would be happy to build you a hot side with a T6 flange or you could start out
with a set of reversed shortys and go from there.

Columbia River Mandrel Bends is a good place to start.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm doing the exact same thing as you. I am also going to use the s480. I bought a garret intercooler and ponydown headers. Now I'm having my crossover pipe made up.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Keep the compression you have, use e85, race gas, or meth. Build your own kit or buy a decent one, an s480 is capable of 1000+ to the wheels, with that cubic inch don't go any smaller than a t6 turbo with a 1.32 exhaust housing. And as far as hot side piping, 2.25" would be good, 3" for the cold side.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would look at the Pony down hotside kits. Either a s475 or s480 would be great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts