1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
anywhere from 13's to 8's... depends how hard you are willing to push one

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I've been 9.75 at 143 in my 86 coupe. 408w Victor Jr unported heads, vic jr intake and a cheapie off-the-shelf cam of unknown spec. Yes hydraulic roller. I bought the cam used. Was a solid roller, but lost a lifter and damaged the cam, and found a guy selling a Hyd roller cam and lifters of unknown spec locally. I just stuck it in and it runs exactly the same as the solid roller did. Max RPM at finish line is 6900 at the 1/4 mile. Usually runs 1/8 mile and geared differently. 60' 1.36 on the typical 1/8 mile setup (with 4.86 geared 9"). Car is currently at my brother's house. He drives it mostly. Typically in this heat, it runs in the 9.80-9.83 range. That said, the engine is going to come out to go into a Maverick that my dad bought years ago; and the coupe will have a 347" back in it, which last time out, went 9.99/135.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been 9.75 at 143 in my 86 coupe. 408w Victor Jr unported heads, vic jr intake and a cheapie off-the-shelf cam of unknown spec. Yes hydraulic roller. I bought the cam used. Was a solid roller, but lost a lifter and damaged the cam, and found a guy selling a Hyd roller cam and lifters of unknown spec locally. I just stuck it in and it runs exactly the same as the solid roller did. Max RPM at finish line is 6900 at the 1/4 mile. Usually runs 1/8 mile and geared differently. 60' 1.36 on the typical 1/8 mile setup (with 4.86 geared 9"). Car is currently at my brother's house. He drives it mostly. Typically in this heat, it runs in the 9.80-9.83 range. That said, the engine is going to come out to go into a Maverick that my dad bought years ago; and the coupe will have a 347" back in it, which last time out, went 9.99/135.
N/A? No nitrous?

·
Registered
418 Posts
11.0 at 127 with my foxbody coupe and TKO600 transmission. All motor

Reactions: Alexender

·
Registered
157 Posts
Fastest I've been is 11.95 at 114.75, Astro A5, NA. Unfortunately I am playing at a much different altitude than most of you. Typical track DA where I run is usually in the 8500-9500' range.

I did just build a new exhaust system for my car and had it re-dynoed (I picked up 28 hp and 29 torque). Hopefully this will put me in the solid 11's.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Apparently my new exhaust build did make a difference. I ran a personal best tonight of 11.77 at 117.4 with a 7400' DA.
Nice. You need to come out here and run in some good air. A bad day here the DA is 3,500 feet lol. The best air I have ever seen was -500 below sea level. Talk about mine shaft conditions.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice. You need to come out here and run in some good air. A bad day here the DA is 3,500 feet lol. The best air I have ever seen was -500 below sea level. Talk about mine shaft conditions.
If I am ever out your way I'll hit you up. I would love to be able to run on your worst day, my car would be a different animal! I was thinking about trying to go to one of the tracks in Kansas or the like but I am guessing I would enter the realm of a whole bunch more safety equipment.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
should come to world cup in november... we see -3500 at times

1 - 13 of 13 Posts